Richlands Primary School December 21, 2015 - January 1, 2016
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to All!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Dear RPS Family,
As 2015 comes to a close, I realize I have so many things to be thankful for. One of the most important is each and every one of you! During my last year of teaching I compiled a list of the most important things I had learned from my students. I came across it the other day when I was organizing some files, and was pleasantly surprised when I realized how much it rings true with you!!
1. It takes a village- more than anything I’ve learned to relinquish control… together we can move mountains!
2. Nothing works for everyone- there is not a “one size fits all” for students, and most certainly not for staff. We are all unique and when we take the time to see the hidden gems within every person, well… see #1!!
3. LAUGH!!- We all know the saying that it takes more muscles to frown than to smile! What are our faces telling those around us if we are not smiling? We ALL have a story and sometimes a simple smile or a good laugh carries us in times of need.
4. Relationships- If you’ve ever noticed the quote at the bottom of my email signature, you know this is deep, at the core, of my personal philosophy with both little people and big people!! People don’t care what you say…they care about what you do!!
5. Never ever give up!!- This is something that many of you have helped me with over the last two years. Initially I wrote it in reference to students, however I have learned through many of you that even on our darkest of days there is always hope for tomorrow!! I told you all on opening day last year that we are all so lucky. As educators we get a brand-new start every year and for that very reason we have one of the best jobs in the world! I have made it through these very challenging, couple of years because of the support, prayers, and love that so many of you have extended to me so selflessly… For that I thank you!!!
In closing, I hope that you have a blessed and merry Christmas!! I hope you make memories to last a lifetime with your families and loved ones during this much deserved break!! I leave you with a quote from one of my favorite books of all times:
“And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.”
― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince
"I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year."
"Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone."
Charles M. Schulz
"As dry leaves that before the wild hurricane fly, when they meet with an obstacle, mount to the sky. So up to the house-top the coursers they flew, with the sleigh full of toys, and St. Nicholas too."
Clement Clarke Moore
Mark Your Calendars!
December 21- NO DAY - No school for Students and 10 month Employees
December 22 - Leave Day
December 23 - Leave Day
December 24 - Christmas Eve
December 25 - Christmas Day
December 28 - December 31 - Leave Days
December 31 - New Year's Eve
January 1 - Holiday
January 4 - Students and staff return to school
January 6 - Staff Meeting - 7:20 - Multipurpose Room
January 7 - Instructional Support Team Meeting - 9:00 - Conference Room
January 12 - Chick-fil-A Spirit Night
January 12 - 14 Joines to Raleigh for DLP
January 13 - SLT Meeting - Media Center 3:30
January 14 - 2nd/3rd Grade PLC
January 15 - Grading Period Ends
January 15 - Thank Your Mentor Day
January 18 - MLK Holiday - No School
January 19 - Teacher Workday - Not locked-in
January 19 - CiCi's Pizza Night
January 20 - Locked-In Teacher Workday
January 27 - Report Cards Go Home
January 27 - Peer Observation Training - Media Center - 3:30
January 29 - All Day Principals Meeting - Joines
Birthday Wishes to the following Staff Members!
December 14 - Betty Jones
December 23 - AJ Byrd
December 23 - Teddye Park
December 30 - Kristina Bowker
January 2 - Randi Brinson
January 4 - Mallory Cribbs
January 10 - Renee Trip
January 11 - Denise Collins
January 12 - Alice Jones
January 14 - Ashley Brinkley
January 17 - Nick Ford
January 17 - Bonnie Henderson
January 18 - Holly Beasley
January 18 - Kelly Hendry
January 28 - Martha Howard
Supporting our RPS Family!
Please keep Shelly Fountain and her baby in your thoughts and prayers.
Please keep Rebecca Watson's daughter Jessica in your thoughts and prayers.
The Effective Learning Environments Observation Tool (eleot) focuses on seven key learning environments that promote effective learning and student success:
progress monitoring and feedback
The observer is focusing on student behaviors. Observations range from 10 - 15 minutes in length (20 min. maximum).