Cougar Community Newsletter
August 17, 2023
August 16, 2023 - Jarrell ISD Board of Trustees Meeting
Chief Financial Officer Robert Navarro presented the proposed 2023 - 24 Tax Rate. Following the presentation, a public hearing was held for the proposed tax rate. There were no public comments.
Cougar Champions - Special Recognitions
Pattrick was recognized for his outstanding work, problem solving, and tireless efforts to ensure the district's IT Department was ready for the new school year.
*All presentations with additional information are attached below*
Communication and Informational Items:
- Superintendent Dr. Toni Hicks presented student outcomes, which includes state testing gains in Math, Reading, Science, Social Studies, and End of Course.
- Athletic Director Marty Murr presented his August athletic update
- Assistant Superintendent Laura Buckley presented bullying standards and Jarrell ISD protocols
- Robert Navarro discussed the results of the district's three year safety audit.
- Sledge Engineering presented the monthly 2021 Bond Update, Jarrell High School expansion, and a 2023 Bond update
In addition to approving the Consent Agenda, the Board took the following actions:
- Approved the proposed 2023 -24 Tax Rate
- Approved an an agreement for the Purchase of Attendance Credit and to Delegate Contractual Authority to the Superintendent
- Approved a Board Resolution Regarding Texas Education Code Section 37.0814
- Approved furniture for the 2021 Bond Jarrell High School Expansion
- Approved the Easement to Bartlett Electric Cooperative at Jarrell High School (Bartlett Electric Cooperative, Inc. has requested a small easement at the southeast corner of the Jarrell High School property. The easement allows for Bartlett Electric a power pole as part of the extension of Bud Stockton Loop. This pole will also provide electrical service to the future Traffic Signal at this intersection.)
- Approved the site for the 2023 Bond New Operations Center
Communication & Informational Presentations
2023 - 24 Tax Rate
The Jarrell ISD Board of Trustees unanimously voted to accept the proposed 2023 - 24 tax rate of $1.1692. That's an 18.5% reduction from last year. This is the sixth year the board has reduced the tax rate as part of its commitment to taxpayers.
First Day of School Photo Album
Meet the Cougars - Friday, August 18th
Clear Bag Policy
Jarrell ISD has a clear bag policy for entrance into Cougar Stadium.
Bully Prevention Information/Anonymous Alerts
Smart Tag Resources
About Jarrell ISD
Location: 108 East Avenue F, Jarrell, TX, USA