The CES Bulldog News
Week #17 (January 11-15, 2021)
IWCS - Vision & Mission
Vision: To create a learning environment that will enable every child to discover his or her unique gifts and talents.
Mission: To enhance and expand on each child’s unique gifts and talents to ensure every child is college, career and life ready.
Temporary Remote Learning for Students on the In-Person Continuum
January 4, 2021 - January 15, 2021
- Temporary remote learning for Students on the in-person continuum.
January 19, 2021
- Students on the in-person continuum return to hybrid learning.
Elementary School Students (PreK--3rd Grade)
● Virtual Students--There will be no change to your child’s schedule or routine.
● In-Person Continuum Students-- Your child will have the same teacher they have now and will continue learning with them remotely. These students will follow the same daily learning schedule as their virtual learning peers. For students in grades Prek-3 this includes a minimum of 6 hours per week of direct, interactive learning with their teacher as well as 2 days per week of asynchronous learning experiences. Students will participate in “live” instruction with their teacher from 9:00a.m. - 11:00a.m. or 1:00p.m. - 3:00p.m. Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. In addition to the 2 hour blocks, teachers will separately schedule for reading conferences, small group instruction, reading intervention, and special education services, etc.
Elementary School Students (4th and 5th Grade)
● Virtual Students--There will be no change to their schedule or routine.
● In-Person Continuum Students--A temporary remote learning schedule will reflect a minimum of 9 hours of direct, interactive instruction with their teachers as well as 2 days per week of asynchronous learning experiences. Your child will have the same teacher they have now and will continue learning with them remotely.
We are also scheduling live resource classes for the following times, Monday through Thursday of the 2 weeks:
K-1: 10:00a.m. - 10:45a.m. or 1:00p.m. - 1:45p.m.
2-3: 9:00a.m. - 9:45a.m. or 3:00p.m. - 3:45p.m.
4-5: 2:00p.m. - 2:45p.m.
Links for these live sessions will be posted on each Resource teacher’s Canvas page, as well as your child’s classroom teacher’s page. Resource teachers will also record these sessions and your child can go back and watch later if they choose.
IWCS School Calendar 2020-2021