Bath Public School
Yours in Education,
ETFO has also indicated that if the government does not address critical issues by January 17, 2020, ETFO members across the province will begin rotating strikes beginning January 20, 2020. While we have no further information on what this might look like for families in Limestone, it may be prudent for families to begin seeking alternative arrangements for child care should rotating strikes occur. The Board will be given five days notice should strike action take place.
Field Trips and PRIDE assembly
Winter is coming...eventually!
Inclement Weather Conditions
NEW FOR 2019-2020: All parents/guardians are asked to report their student’s absence regardless of the reason, including when there are bus cancellations. Often, bused students find alternative ways to school and we want to ensure we know a student’s whereabouts to ensure their safety and well-being. Knowing who is supposed to be at school will allow school office staff to best ensure all students are accounted for. Students will report to their classroom teacher for attendance at 9:10 am as they would normally do on a regular school day. This allows school office staff to quickly determine who isn’t at school and launch SafeArrival calls to a student’s designated contacts. We appreciate your support and understanding as we work to enhance practices that ensure student safety.
What Happens During Inclement Weather?
- Decisions about cancelling transportation services usually occur very early in the morning of a school day, and are based on the latest information about road conditions and weather forecasts.
- Bus routes that have been cancelled due to inclement weather are cancelled for the whole day.
- Parents / guardians will be responsible for the return transportation for any student dropped off at school; students need to be picked up by 3:30.
- Schools remain open in the event of full bus cancellations unless otherwise determined by the Director of Education.
How do I find out if buses are cancelled?
- Visit Tri-Board Student Transportation Services website at www.triboard.on.ca for information and subscribe to their notification of cancellation messages.
- Visit the LDSB website www.limestone.on.ca and subscribe to the LDSB app
- Listen to local radio stations in the a.m.
- Follow on Twitter @LimestoneDSB . Our school Twitter site will also retweet this information.