Student Technology Newsletter
Tips for students with their assigned devices
Login & License Office 365
Before Leaving Your School Campus
- Log into your new student device using your username and password.
- Use the search bar to open the installed Word app on your computer.
- Wait for Word to sign you in & then Click Accept. (You should see your name in the upper right-hand corner of Word.)
Free Office 365 Downloads (FOR PERSONAL DEVICES ONLY)
FOR PERSONAL DEVICES ONLYWhile you are a student at RCS, you have access to 5 free Office 365 downloads for personal devices. Do not download on school devices.
Click below for directions to install.
All 6-12 Students must complete this sign-up process before they can log in to anything Microsoft-related including Clever.
Microsoft Self-Service Password Registration
- Visit http://aka.ms/ssprsetup in your web browser and complete the sign-up process using your existing firstname.lastname@example.org and password that you used to log in with your computer today.
Help with resetting your RCS password
- After the 6-12 student completes the registration process, they can use the following link http://aka.ms/sspr or click on "Can't access your account?" on the sign-on page to reset or unlock your account from any device.
- Student Microsoft Blocked Account Help Document
Creating strong passwords
Your RCS password must be at least 6 characters, include letters and numbers, and you cannot reset your RCS password to any of your three previous passwords.
Some tips for strong passwords:
- Include a mixture of upper and lower-case letters, numbers, and symbols
- Do not use your name, your birthdate, or the word password
- Use a phrase instead of just a word