Summit School- Summer Edition
INNOVATIVE TEACHING. EXPERT EDUCATORS. THRIVING STUDENTS.
June 15, 2022
From the Head of School...
Dear Summit School Community,
Camp Summit is in full swing, and there are lots of fun activities happening for our campers. While our campers are enjoying STEM projects, tie-dye, foam parties, and Polynesian Hula our administrative staff is working hard to prepare for the 22-23 school year.
Watch for emails from the office starting in July. You can expect to see class lists, calendar reminders, and athletics registration. We will do our best to keep you informed and we look forward to seeing everyone back on campus on August 1 for Back to School Night.
Enjoy your summer and thank you for all you do.
Dr. Stephanie Nardi
Head of School
Don't forget to work on your summer reading sheets from the Summit IDEA Lab!
Join Summit School to Benefit Amanda Hope Rainbow Angels
Conversations of Race and Allyship with Brooks E. Scott
Monday, Aug. 1st, 3:30-5:30pm
Summit School IDEA Lab
Brooks has facilitated dozens of courses on Managing Unconscious Bias to thousands of participants. He is a certified Crucial Conversations instructor, a facilitator of the Leadership Circle 360 Profile Assessment, and a trained suicide hotline counselor. He is a strategic advisor in management, building teams, designing strategy, and implementing training programs to address poor communication and lack of engagement among teams.
The Conversations of Race and Allyship presentation will focus on 7 main points.
- Processing different perspectives around common phrases that could unintentionally cause harm.
- Understanding how trauma affects the way that we talk and listen to people who are experiencing it.
- Teaching the definition of how "to ally"---an ally is not something that one can simply be; it is something that one does.
- Identification of steps that we can take as an Ally, and what to do when we mess up.
- Communications training for teachers (or families) on how to frame sensitive conversations about race and how it shows up in our reading materials, curriculum, and school discussions.
- How to notice and spot when and how our own emotions are triggered in sensitive conversations.
- Techniques to use prior to the start of sensitive conversations so that we can create space for healthy dialogue and communication.
This event is limited to 24 participants. A reserved spot is required. If you are interested in attending, please RSVP below.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Cross Country Information
If you are thinking about joining the 22-23 cross country team, please look here for summer training information. Official registration will be out at the beginning July. Go Sabrecats!
After School Enrichment is Back for 22-23!
The Chess Emporium
Athletes in Training
LIFT Enrichment Cooking School
STEM Programs Science for Kids
TS Golf Junior Golf Academy
Science Matters in America
Summit Apparel Store- New Items Added!
Gear up with back to school apparel! Check out the Summit apparel store for customizable shirts, pants, and accessories with your favorite Summit logos!
You can also support our Cybrecat Robotics by purchasing gear at https://apparelnow.com/cybercat-robotics-apparel