HFRCS Newsletter SY2021-2022
January 25, 2022 - Vol.1 Issue 23
From the Principal's Office
Dear Parents and Guardians,
This Sunday begins the national recognition of Catholic Schools. We are excited to begin this fun week that recognizes all the good things our Catholic schools do for our community. We are inviting our students to attend Mass at their respective parish, this Sunday at 11:00 at St. Frances Cabrini and 11:30 at Queen of the Universe, wear their winter uniform, and share their Holy Family pride with their parish community. We have a full week of fun activities planned for our students as we celebrate “Holy Family Regional Catholic School: Our Magic Kingdom, where dreams come true!”
I am pleased to announce that over the weekend, a new Pastor has been named for Queen of the Universe Parish. Reverend John R. Weber, current Pastor at St. Richard Parish, Philadelphia, will begin his new position as Pastor of Queen of the Universe Parish on Monday, February 14. We happily welcome Father Weber and pray for a smooth transition to his new parish community!
Our school is blessed to offer a free breakfast and lunch program here at Holy Family. Parents are requested to order the lunch their child will eat each month. To better assist our Food Service Director, Mrs. Prasse, please review with your child the day(s) they will be receiving a hot lunch. What we have been experiencing is: students who order lunch but do not come up to get it, students who come up for a lunch but haven’t ordered it, and students who come up to take the lunch but have a full packed lunch from home and throw away the school lunch or the lunch from home. We want everyone to get a lunch who wants it, but we prefer that the lunch be eaten and not wasted. And we want to have an accurate number of lunches to prepare without running short or having excess that will be wasted. Your diligent help with this issue will be gratefully appreciated.
Sincerely Yours in Christ,
CSW Masses - Please Sign Up!
Catholic Schools Week (CSW) begins on Sunday, January 30. To celebrate the opening of CSW, we are holding a special mass at St. Frances Cabrini at 11:00 am and at Queen of the Universe at 11:30 am. We are hoping for great participation from our families and students. We are asking students to dress in their school uniform (polos with pants/skirts/jumpers are fine, but NO GYM UNIFORMS).
We are also looking for students to volunteer to participate during the mass, or come to help before the mass:
For Queen, please use this Sign Up Genius
For Cabrini, please use this Sign Up Genius
If your child is not interested in participating, but you are attending the mass, please RSVP on the Sign Up Genius. Thank you in advance for your attendance!
Student Council Basket Raffle
Student Council is selling $1 chances to win one of two Where Dreams Come True Baskets (Red/Mickey Mouse or Blue/Marvel). Tickets will be sold during all lunch times until Friday, February 4. Drawing will held on Friday afternoon, February 4.
Canned Food Drive
Students should report how many cans they brought in to their homeroom teacher. Mr. Perry has a trophy to bestow upon the classroom that brings in the most cans.
From the Nurse's Office
- Physical Exam - Kindergarten/Grade 1 (entering school for the first time), Grade 6
- Dental Exam - Kindergarten/Grade 1 (entering school for the first time), Grade 3, and Grade 7
- Latest immunization records - for all students
Forms are available on the school website. Thank you for your cooperation.
Contact: Mrs. Barbara McKnight, Nurse
email@example.com, 215-269-9600 x207
March Lunch Order due Feb 1
- Year-Long Lunch Orders: Please review March's lunch menu. If your child would only take lunch for a specific day, please complete the online order form.
- Milk Only Orders: We must know your child's milk order by the deadline since we have to place the milk order separately with NDS. We are unable to provide milk for your child if there is no order. Please send in the milk payment for March order.
Menu is subject to change at any time. Please check the school website for the latest menu. If your child ordered lunch, please remind them to come up for their lunch.
Questions about the Breakfast/Lunch Program?
Contact: Mrs. Patricia Prasse firstname.lastname@example.org 215-269-9600 x210
Yearbook Committee (Open to 8th Graders Only)
January 30 - Catholic Schools Week Opening Mass @ 11:00 am (St. Frances Cabrini) and 11:30 am (Queen of the Universe)
February 1 - March Lunch Online Order Due
February 4 - Catholic Schools Week Closing Mass @ 9:30 am
February 14 - Student Council $1 Dress Down Day
February 18 - No School (Professional Development Day)
February 21 - No School (Presidents' Day)
March 2 - Ash Wednesday Mass @ 10:00 am
March 4-10 Terra Nova*
*The Terra Nova Test is administered to students in Grades 2-7. Please mark your calendars and plan for your child(ren) to be in school during this period.
From the Enrollment Office
We are excited to announce that we have officially opened PreK3-8th Grade enrollment for the 2022-2023 school year! If you are interested in enrolling another child of yours this fall, please complete this online application or get in touch with our enrollment office.
Please make note of the following:
- You will need to submit copies of their birth certificate, baptismal certificate (if applicable), and their updated medical/immunization records before they are officially enrolled
- The $50 registration fee is waived for current families adding another student
- If applying for PreK3 or PreK4, please make the Enrollment Office aware of whether your child will be attending full or half-day PreK as soon as possible
- Tours are always available to current families
- Our Referral Program is a great way to expand our school community while earning a tuition credit for your family
If you have any questions regarding enrollment for the 2022-23 school year or anything regarding admissions, please don't hesitate to reach out. I hope you have a great week!
Mr. Jim Downey, Enrollment Director
email@example.com 215-269-9600 x209
From the Advancement Office
Bridge Education Foundation Volunteer Service Reminder
With a new year upon us, I wanted to remind you that volunteer service hours are now due if you received a Bridge Grant in the last year. If you are involved in any number of activities such as Home & School, CYO, service to the parish, school or broader community, those hours will likely count towards the 40-hour requirement set by the Bridge Foundation. The Bridge approved volunteer form is attached and should be completed and returned to the Advancement office by Monday, January 31, 2022.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for your assistance.
Ms. Mary Ann Conway, Advancement Director
firstname.lastname@example.org 215-269-9600 x208
***** HOME & SCHOOL NEWS *****
Pizza Palooza STARTS TODAY!
FIRST STOP IS TODAY, JAN. 25th @ PIZZA YEAH (ALL DAY)! Please come out and support this fundraiser as all proceeds will help support The Warriner Family, a Holy Family family, who lost their home and possessions in a fire.
You MUST mention HOLY FAMILY at the time of placing your order. You can either show them a paper flyer or a digital flyer (attached). Also, be sure to share the news with friends and family!
Super Bowl Pool Raffle
Home and School will be holding a Super Bowl Pool Raffle. Rules are as follows:
- $20 a block - once block(s) are claimed, payment must follow
- All payments will be verified. If you do not pay the claimed block(s) by the end of the day that they were claimed, the block(s) will be released.
- Payment will be Venmo ONLY and Venmo payment MUST SAY “Super Bowl Block Pool" with name, phone number and number of the block(s) chosen
- Link for the Super Bowl Pool Raffle: https://superbowlpoolsite.com/contest/96717?p=Homeandschool
- Venmo: @HFRCS-HandS
We encourage you to ask friends and family BUT Venmo should ONLY come from a Holy Family PARENT/GUARDIAN therefore you would have to input their information and block selection in the VENMO comment.
H&S Upcoming Events
- January 25: Pizza Palooza at Pizza Yeah! (All Day)
- February 7: Pizza Palooza at Giovanni's Pizza (All Day)
- February 17: Holy Family at The Rink, 6:30-9:00 pm. See flyer for details
- February 22: Pizza Palooza at Arianna's Pizza (All Day)
- March 2: Pizza Palooza at Salvatore's Cucina (4:00-9:00 pm)
- Valentines Cocoa Bomb Fundraiser - orders due Feb 4, see attached form
- Gertrude Hawk Fundraiser Booklet - keep a look out for information
For any questions regarding Home & School events, please reach out to the H&S Leadership Team.
***** PARISH NEWS *****
Queen of the Universe
Rev. Brian M. Kean, Parochial Administrator
Rev. Cesar J. Izzaguire, Parochial Vicar
Sunday Mass Schedule:
4:00 pm (Vigil Mass), 7:30 am, 9:30 am, 11:30 am, 1:00 pm La Misa en Español
Weekday Daily Mass:
8:30 am - Tuesday through Friday
Holy Days: (subject to change)
5:00 PM (Vigil), 8:30 AM, Noon, & 7:00 PM
The Sacrament of Reconciliation:
Thursday: 6:45 pm - 7:30 pm, Saturdays: 3:00 pm - 3:45 pm
The Sacrament of Baptism:
1st and 3rd Saturdays, at 11:00 am
St. Frances Cabrini
Msgr. Magee, Weekend Assistant
- Monday-Saturday: 9:30 am
- Saturday Vigil: 5:30 pm
- Sunday: 7:00 am, 9:00 am, 11:00 am
Included is this week's winnings. Next week's jackpot prize is $10,000.
SFC Winter Luau
February 12, 7:00-11:00 pm (doors open at 6:45 pm)
St. Frances Cabrini Monsignor Woods Hall
Dinner prepared by Chef John Rifkin and the Goomba Sous Chefs
Coffee, desserts, Malibu punch, wine, beer, and soda
All for only $30 per person
Dancing to the sounds of DJ John Serenelli
Please call the Rectory 215-946-4040 for more information or to reserve a table.
See attached flyer for details.