Focus on Education
Graduations In The School City of Hobart!
Brickie Class of 2022 Graduation!
Brickie Class of 2034 Graduation!
Kayla and Isis Win State At Innovate WithIN!
They have worked tirelessly to form their company while maintaining their academics and other extra-curriculars. They have a great website where you can purchase their product and have a booth at the Hobart Summer Market every Thursday! These are just some of the amazing things they have done. We are so very proud of them and look forward to watching them and their company flourish! Read about them and get their product here or at the summer market!
State Bound Athletes!
Another impressive athlete is Cody Johnston who, like many others in his family, dominated in pole vault! Cody has been rocking the pole vault for years and this season showed his dedication to the sport. He has known that in order to get to the State level, daily preparation is needed. He loves every second of it and can clearly see it is paying off as he stepped up on the number one spot at State! He was the force to reckon with and everyone knew it, but when he conquered 16'8", the victory was his!
We look forward to watching both of these athletes again this year. Keep focusing on your goals and working toward them - you will continue to achieve big things!
Our Very Own Was Awarded the "School Safety Leader of the Year" Award!
Athletic Director, Mike Black, Received Dutch Kramer Award!
Here you can find all of the details, requirements, expectations, etc. for our FREE Hobart University!
School City of Hobart Career Newsletter!
· Start by visiting Indiana Career Explorer
· Compare the estimated net price of attendance at Indiana colleges through Indiana College Costs
· Learn about career interest inventories, education requirements for different careers and more at Learn More Indiana.
· Check out the Indiana Career Hot Spots for the most recent companies currently hiring in the State or the Hot Jobs in Northwest Indiana where you will find in-demand careers and their wages right here in the Region!
· O*NET® Career Exploration Tools - Self-directed career exploration/assessment tools to help you consider and plan career options, preparation, and transitions more effectively. The tools are also designed for use by students who are exploring the school-to-work transition.
· Go to My skills. My future looks at the jobs you have held in the past to determine some similar positions for you in the future. It also allows you to learn more about those recommended careers.
· Skills Profiler - Use the Skills Profiler to create a list of your skills and match them to jobs that use those skills
Click this button to access June's Wellness Calendar! This month is focused on exercising your mind and body. Get outside - Spring is in the air! Focus on positivity and being active. Set a small goal for yourself, conquer it, and set another one!
Parent and Caregiving Wellness
Social Emotional Learning
Gratitude – Making a new habit of noticing the good in ourselves, each other, & our community.
Please take a few moments each day to reflect on what you are personally grateful for with your family.
K-5 students will be encouraged to view a normal day and how my time is spent on a device. Let’s encourage a healthy diet of digital, face to face time and time outdoors in nature.
Feeling stressed? Here are Tips for how parents can help teens de-stress.
Need assistance? The Lake & Porter County United Way are teaming up with this great resource!! Assistance with food, utilities, rent, clothing, mental health, burial, child care, computers, education, dental, domestic violence, & much more!
School Resource Officer Safety Minute
2022 - 2023 Registration: Open For Everyone!
NEW to the District implies that you do NOT have other children in the School City of Hobart. If you are simply registering a new student, such as a kindergartner, then you can do that through your parent Skyward.
Affidavits: If you are needing an affidavit, you must have an appointment. Appointments can be made at www.hobart.k12.in.us/residencyaffidavit.
First Day of School!
Wednesday, Aug. 17th, 7am
School City of Hobart
The School City of Hobart does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or disability, including limited English proficiency.