Watch us SOAR!
Here are a few quick updates for everyone that I discuss in my video:
- Kindergarten Information Night is Tuesday, Jan. 24 from 6:00-7:00 in the cafeteria at Clough. Spanish Immersion Info Night is Feb 2 at 6:00 pm, virtual event, more info here
- Jan. 25 the district is hosting a Safety Info Night @ Nipmuc from 7:00-8:00pm for all parents and guardians. (If there is snow in the evening, this event will be canceled and rescheduled.)
- Jan. 26 - We have the 4th Grade Chorus Concert @ Nipmuc from 7:00-8:00pm
- Next week we will be doing our mid-year iReady Diagnostic assessments in K-4. We are excited for kids to show what they have been learning this year!
- The Monday night School Committee was canceled and is being rescheduled. Some of our 4th graders will be presenting about our writer-in-residence. I will be presenting the elementary budget with the Memorial principal.
- Our next PTO Meeting will be on Feb. 7 and it will be virtual.
- We will be having an Inspired Learning Day on Feb. 9. All students across the district will be participating in a design challenge where they will work together to utilize their Portrait of a Learner superpowers and design a zip line! We are looking for some donations. Please check out this sign up form if you are able to donate some materials.
- We are planning to host a fun family event on Valentine's Day. We will be inviting parents/guardians to a Book Lovers Breakfast! Before school on Tuesday, Feb.14, the PTO will host a breakfast and families will be able to read together and enjoy breakfast. Please sign up here if you think will be attending so we can get a head count for breakfast.
- Feb. 17 is a half day of school, 12:05 dismissal and no lunch served. Staff will have professional development that afternoon and then the following week is no school due to winter break.
- Student Council will be sharing more info about Friday Spirit Days in February! We will have a Role Reversal Day (students dress like teachers and teachers dress like students), a Disney Day, and All Around the World Day. More info to come.
- Our core value this month is KINDNESS. Students will be discussing kindness during KCR time. Feb. 17 is Random Acts of KIndness Day so students will be working to complete acts of kindness at home and fill out a heart. We are working together to grow our "kindness garden!"
Thank you for continuing to partner with us to give your children the best possible educational experience. I continue to be amazed at their growth and am so proud of all of them!
4th Grade Celebration!
Notes from the Nurse...
iHealth Test Expiration Date Extension
The FDA recently extended the expiration date of iHealth COVID-19 at-home tests by an additional 3 months. iHealth COVID-19 at-home tests may be used for up to 15 months from the date of manufacture. Find the new expiration date at https://ihealthlabs.com/pages/news. Please do what you can to share this news with anyone who may have received tests from your organization.
New State Behavioral Health Help Line:
The Department of Mental Health has launched a new Behavioral Health Help Line that people can call or text at 833-773-2445. It is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week in more than 200 languages. The help line can help individuals and families navigate the behavioral health system and access treatment, including mobile crisis services. District and school leaders are asked to please share this resource with staff, families, and students, where helpful. For more information, please see the FAQ. Anyone with questions or concerns about the help line can email the help line director at Mio.Tamanaha@mass.gov.
Info about Dance Event
Session 3 Enrichment Sign Ups!
Session 3: 2/6/23-3/31/23 ALL FORMS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 1/30/23
Classes run: 745-845 AM 330-430PM
Click the link to view course descriptions and cost: Course descriptions for session 3
If you have further questions or have trouble with the online registration, please feel free to contact Tara Bellefontaine, Clough Enrichment Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Dates to Remember
Jan 24 - Kindergarten Info Night, Clough cafeteria, 6;00-7:00
Jan 25 - District-wide Safety Info Night w/the SROs at Nipmuc 7:00-8:00 (chance this will be postponed)
Jan 26 - 4th Grade Chorus Concert @ 7:00 @ Nipmuc
Feb 2 - Spanish Immersion Info Night - virtual event @ 6:00pm, more info here
Feb 3 - Author/Illustrator visiting Clough for the day
Feb 7 - Virtual PTO Meeting
Feb 9 - Inspired Learning Day! Zip-line Design Challenge
Feb. 14 - Breakfast with Books! 7:45-8:45 drop in and read in the Clough cafeteria
Feb 17 - Half day of school, 12:05 dismissal, no lunch served, PD in the afternoon for teachers
Feb 18-26 - Winter Break, no school