January 6th, 2023
- Please remain in your vehicles until 8:20 a.m.
- Doors open at 8:20 a.m.
- School begins at 8:30 a.m.
- School ends at 3:45 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
- School ends at 2:15 p.m. on Wednesday's
- Please remain in your car and follow the traffic patterns listed on this newsletter. Staff will assist with student pick up.
- Display your student ID card that includes your student name, grade level, and teacher name.
School Lunch - Optional
School Breakfast - Optional
You can pay online at MySchoolBucks:
January 16th - No School for Students - Martin Luther King Jr. Day
January 19th - School Fundraiser at La Casa West
January 23rd - PTA Meeting at 6:30 p.m.
February 1st - School Fundraiser at Penn Station East Coast Subs
February 9th - 15th - Book Fair
February 10th - 4th grade Music Informance
Spring 2023 Parent Teacher Conference Dates and Times
4:15 - 8:15 p.m.
4:15 - 8:15 p.m.
8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (Zoom)
Special Election For Continuation of Levy Override
The Millard Board of Education is asking our community to continue the levy override authority the district has had since 2018. The levy override has provided financial stability to support the important work of Millard's teachers and staff. State law requires levy overrides to be reauthorized by voters after five years. Millard residents will vote on the continuation of this authority in a special mail-in election on March 14th. More information about the levy override is available on the district website at https://www.mpsomaha.org/millards-levy-override Additionally, the district will host four public information sessions about the levy override. Superintendent Dr. John Schwartz and Chief Financial Officer Chad Meisgeier will give a presentation and be available for questions. The information sessions will be as follows:
- Monday, January 16th, 6 p.m. at the Don Stroh Administration Center, 5606 South 147th Street, Omaha, NE 68137
- Tuesday, January 24th, 6 p.m. at Millard North High School, 1010 South 144th Street, Omaha, NE 68154
- Tuesday, January 31st, 6 p.m. at Millard South High School, 14905 Q Street, Omaha, NE 68137
- Thursday, February 2nd, 6 p.m. at Millard West High School, 5710 South 176th Avenue, Omaha, NE 68135
Therapy Dog Information
On January 13th we will begin integrating therapy dogs at our school! Your students may share that they got to work with the therapy dog. Studies have shown that therapy dogs can make a very positive impact on the school environment as well as the social and emotional development of children. Each therapy dog has gone through a very extensive process to be permitted in our schools. We will begin on a very small scale utilizing the therapy dog on Fridays in the library for just one hour in the morning under direct supervision of our staff members. Millard currently has 14 therapy dogs serving our students and staff throughout the district.
Our first therapy dog visiting Morton next week is named Daisy, you can see her picture below. You can learn more about our therapy dog partnership at https://pawsforfriendshipinc.org/about
If you have any questions or concerns please contact me directly.