Volume 1, Issue 9
Important Changes to Indian Creek Schools Traffic Flow
Beginning Monday, December 4th, traffic patterns at Indian Creek Schools will be adjusted as
- Entrances to the drives accessing the rear of the buildings for ICMS/ICHS are open beginning December 4th.
- The ICES and ICIS traffic flow patterns will remain the same. No changes to drop off or pick up at ICES and ICIS.
- ICMS and ICHS student car riders MUST be dropped off and picked up in the BACK parking lots. No students are to be dropped off in the front lots.
- For morning drop off, all ICMS/ICHS car riders will be dropped off at the new fieldhouse. Students will walk through the pool lobby and then head to class.
- For afternoon pick-up, parents of ICMS/ICHS car riders must park in the back lots. ICMS students will exit the middle school. ICHS students will exit the high school. Students will exit at designated locations with adult supervision.
- ICMS/ICHS parents please FIND A PARKING SPOT, do not form a line. Students will find you!
- The entrance behind ICMS will serve as an ENTRANCE ONLY during drop off and pick up. All cars must exit to the west of the buildings and head north or south from there. Please review maps!
- Beginning second semester, drop off times will return to pre-construction hours. Doors to all campus buildings will be locked until 7:45 a.m. beginning on January 9th , 2024. PLEASE do not drop off your child prior to 7:45 a.m.
As with anything new, we anticipate a few hiccups as we all learn. Additional adjustments may
become necessary in the future. Please direct questions to your specific building office staff.
NEW MORNING TRAFFIC FLOW
NEW AFTERNOON TRAFFIC FLOW
Dates to Remember
December 18-21 - Santa Shop
December 21 @ 7:00 p.m. (Doors open at 6:30 p.m.) - 2nd Grade Music Program (Performing Arts Center)
December 22 - Last day of 1st Semester
December 23-January 8 - Christmas Break
January 9 - First student day of 2nd Semester
January 15 - Martin Luther King Jr. Day - NO SCHOOL (Snow Make-up Day)
2nd Grade Music Performance
Dear Second Grade Families:
We are excited to host our second-grade program, "A Holiday Moosical," in the new Indian Creek Performing Arts Center on Thursday, December 21, at 7:00 p.m.
In addition to our 7:00 p.m. performance, family and friends who wish for a less crowded experience are encouraged to attend our morning all-school performance/dress rehearsal at 9 a.m. instead. Please understand that students are expected to be at BOTH the morning dress rehearsal and the evening performance.
Those attending should enter the south drive behind Indian Creek Middle School and park in the spaces provided by the performing arts center and fieldhouse. If you have any questions, please contact the ICES office at 317-878-2150.
We look forward to a fantastic performance by our talented students!
November Students of the Month
Congratulations to our November Students of the Month. Each month we will focus on a different character trait and we will recognize those students who were excellent examples of the specific character trait. For November, we focused on SAFETY. Congratulations to all of our winners!
December Book Return
We ended the first quarter of the school year just under our goal.
1st quarter Attendance Rate - 96.54%
How Sick is too Sick?
As we navigate a season marked by various illnesses, it is crucial that we work together to maintain a healthy and safe learning environment for our students. With several illnesses circulating within our school community, your cooperation in keeping sick children at home becomes even more significant.
Here is an information sheet designed to serve as a general guide for parents, outlining when it's advisable to keep your child at home. By following these recommendations, we can work together to minimize the spread of germs.
In an effort to keep our schools safe, all volunteers must have a background check completed and on file with the school. To volunteer in the classroom, chaperone field trips or attend classroom parties, you must have a background check completed. Important: A new background check must be done every school year. Also, this background check is only for ICES. Meaning, if you have a child in another building, you will need to complete one for that building too. Please turn in completed forms either to your child's teacher or to the front office.
ICES December Breakfast Menu
ICES December Lunch Menu
Car Rider Form
If you will be picking up your child from school on a regular basis, please fill out the form below for a car tag.
Food Pantry - Volunteers Needed
The Braves Food Pantry is up and running and in need of volunteers! By partnering with Gleaners Food Bank, we are able to distribute food three times per month, twice at the Indian Creek Learning Center and once at the ICHS parking lot. Volunteering with the Braves Pantry is a great way to give back to our local community. Please register through the volunteer link. Thank you!
Now Hiring Substitute Bus Drivers
Youth Soccer Academy
Please be aware that dogs are not allowed on school grounds, playgrounds, or sports fields at any time throughout the calendar year except for service animals, per school policy, Indiana and Federal law.
This policy is for our students and staff members' health and safety.
After school hours and athletic events and practices, when students are absent, dog owners may walk their pets on a leash along the school property borders, such as the walking trail and on sidewalks/school roads. Please clean up and properly dispose of pet waste.