COVID Update #2 2022
Tuesday 8th February, 2022
COVID SAFE RESTRICTIONS
Dear Parents & Caregivers,
They say a week is a long time in football, well given the ever-changing circumstances we now live in, four days seems like an eternity!
Yesterday, Premier Mark McGowan announced new self-isolation rules regarding positive cases, or suspected positive cases of COVID. Along with this announcement, Education Minister Sue Ellery also announced a number of measures to minimise the impact on schools to try to maintain educational continuity. I have tried to summarise the impact this will have on our school below:
PARENTS ON SITE - Drop off/Pick up Only (Effective tomorrow, Wed 9th Feb)
- Parents are permitted on site for drop-off and pick-up in outdoor locations only; parents are not permitted to enter classrooms;
- Kindy and PP Parents are to gather outside the classroom for drop-off and pick-up. Masks will be necessary with that number of parents. Please do not be offended if we ask you to wear a mask, as we are only complying with mandates and health advice. If you have a valid exemption, please provide evidence by email to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Year 1-6 Parents will need to drop-off and collect children either by kiss and drive, or wait in the Student Collection Area. A map of this is provided below for clarity. Again, if social distancing is not possible, please wear a mask.
- Please be assured our staff are ready and willing to assist the younger children settle and enter the classroom.
- A parent should only attend the school office in the event of a significant pastoral or welfare issue related to their child; interactions by staff with parents will take place over the phone or via email/online; this includes paying fees, or any school related matters.
- No gatherings of parents on school sites; this includes P&F meetings, School Advisory Council meetings and Playgroup.
- Mask wearing for parents outdoors where physical distancing can't be maintained.
As mentioned last week, this will impact a number of upcoming school events.
- Parent Information Night Tues 8th Feb - CANCELLED Please see the video below for a presentation about the year ahead). Staff have sent out parent information booklets today. Please contact the classroom teacher for any questions or clarification.
- Merit Assembly Fri 11th Feb - merit awards will be presented in classes as per 2020. However, with no parents allowed to attend, these presentations will be recorded and uploaded to SeeSaw. Future masses and class assemblies will be streamed where possible from our youtube account.
- Family Fun Night Fri 11th Feb - POSTPONED
- Playgroup - POSTPONED
- Icy Pole Fridays - CANCELLED
- After School Sport - CANCELLED from Monday 14th Feb
- Excursions will continue to proceed (Eg. Year 6 Beach Safety)
- Interschool swimming carnival (TBA as dependent on several schools)
- UNIFORM SHOP will still open on Monday's but only to fill ONLINE orders
- Instrumental tutor and therapists will still proceed
- Lunch orders continue to operate on Tuesday and Thursday
TERM 1 EVENTS
Please see the below attachment for changes to Term 1 events. Any of these events that require parents on site have been cancelled or postponed. As outlined last week, we will communicate as quickly and clearly as possible to parents about future events moving forward.
Please be assured that a number of other measures are being implemented to minimise the impact on students across the school. These measures are from a staff, procedural and logistical perspective based on WA Health advice and government mandates. These include, but are not limited to:
- Vaccination requirements for staff and volunteers/contractors
- Masks indoors
- Prohibiting indoor face-to-face events (such as meetings, performances and rehearsals);
- Postponing school camp (TBA regarding dates for Year 6 Camp)
- Limiting the contact between different year groups (cancelling whole school sport, hymn singing, buddy classes, school masses, after school sport)
- Staff restricted from gathering together
- Processes and procedures including a detailed COVID Response Plan
- Ventilation audit to determine requirement of air purifiers
- Continued cleaning and hand hygiene
ISOLATION AND TESTING REQUIREMENTS
As outlined by the infographic attached, there are requirements for any child or parent who either tests positive, has symptoms or is considered by WA Health as a close contact. Should you test positive at any stage or have a requirement to isolate, please contact me directly by email: mailto:email@example.com
The sands shift quickly in our current environment and I appreciate the understanding of all our parent community. As Principal, my paramount concern is the safety and wellbeing of our children. If children are displaying symptoms, we ask parents to please keep them at home and get them tested.
Earlier today, a Principal presentation was recorded and uploaded for parents - if you have 13min to spare, please take the time to have a look at what normally would have been presented at Parent Night tonight. The video is below.
Should you wish to contact me, I am happy to discuss any of the above. Please either phone the office on 9562 9500 or email mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org We will continue to update you with changes via SMS and our social media channels.