Strategy #34 Quilts
By: Emilee Strecker
What does it look like?
2. Students individually identify their favorite part of the story.
3. Students draw a picture on a piece of construction paper to visually represent their favorite part of the book.
4. Each individual picture is fastened together to make a classroom quilt.
- Comprehension: Students review the entire book in their mind as they select their favorite part.
- Visual Art Skills: Students must create a picture that represents an idea.
This strategy establishes a culture for learning by bringing in students' personal opinions and perceptions.
Have the students identify the main idea and represent it with a picture.
Recreate a Book Cover
Have students design their own cover of a book after they read it.
Have the students select out their favorite quote from a book and have them illustrate a picture to go along with it.