- November 15- December 21, 1864
- Union General- William T. Sherman
- Union won
- He led 60,000 soliders on a 285 mile path from Atlanta to Savannah.
- Purpose was to punish the south for starting the war.
- Ended the war by capturing the post of Savannah on December 21
- They stole food and livestock
- Burned the houses and barns of the people who tried to fight back
- Burned Atlanta, toke control of all southern ports on the East Coast
Shermans men destorys ports
Shermans men are destroying all the southern ports on the East coast.
This was the aftermath of the destruction in the community.
In the process
This is when they burned down the houses, and churches.