Presenting the YPGs and SPGs
Reinventing the urban school experience
AISD 2015-2020 Strategic Plan
Commitment: Achieve excellence by delivering a high-quality education to every student
Strategy 1.1 We will individualize teaching and learning.
Key Action Step 1.1b Ensure that Austin ISD curriculum is aligned to the TEKS and is supported by a coherent and aligned assessment system.
Key Action Step 1.1d Include student and stakeholder voice through participatory curriculum design process.
Charge: To create streamlined curriculum documents that are aligned, applicable and approachable
This report will inform immediately actionable work for curriculum writers Summer 2016.
Curriculum Writer Focus
How are things different?
What we specifically changed....
- Enduring Understandings
- Prerequisite knowledge
- Recurring links to resources, advanced academics, and ELPS. These are located on the YPG only.
- Interdisciplinary Notes
There are some things that were updated:
Yearly Planning Guide (YPG)
- Information has a cleaner look for ease of use.
- One-Stop-Shopping for all your planning needs
- Exemplar Lessons are linked on the YPG with Literacy, Technology, or Whole Child integration.
- Essential Questions are more focused.
- Information is laid out to make planning a breeze.
- Assessments are linked at the top of the document.
- Standards are formatted for unpacking.
- Readiness and Supporting standards are clearly labeled.
- Student expectations and outcomes are explicit.
- Vocabulary is rooted in the standard.
How will my staff learn about these new documents?
for principals and staff by the end of the 2015-2016 school year.
You have several options:
- Teachers may view before the end of the school year as individuals or as a team.
- Teachers may view over the summer.
- Principals may incorporate the webinar into staff development in August.
The flexibility of viewing is designed to meet the needs of all campuses.