BY: SUNBOLA ADESANYA P1
COURT CASE: FROHWERK VS. UNITED STATES
After publishing a newspaper in German, two individuals were found guilty because the newspaper was critical of US war objectives. The evidence was enough for Justice Holmes to send them to jail. He wrote, that their writings could,"kindle a flame," that could undermine the governments efforts.
BILL OF RIGHTS SCENARIO
On the morning of January 8,2005 five protestors went to Steven's Avenue to protest for an incident that occurred between a citizen and police. After two hours of protesting, the New York Police Department came to shut the protesting down. However, the five protestors resisted the urged to leave under the police's command and were taken to court. So, on the afternoon of January 21, the five protestors had their court casing. Though many people thought they would be sent to jail, the five protestors were found not guilty because of the 1st amendment of the US Constitution. In the end, the five protestors were free to go and live their life.
- Leavitt, Amie Jane. Bill of Rights in Translation : What It Really Means. Mankato: Capstone, 2009. Ebook.
- Dudley, William. Freedom of Speech. San Diego, CA: Greenhaven, 2005. Print
- "My First Freedoms." My First Freedoms. N.p., n.d. Web. 10 Dec. 2014. <http://cojmc.unl.edu/firstamendment/funfacts.php>.
- Tilford, Robert. "Some Want the Government to Go after Journalists for Leaks." Examiner.com. N.p., 12 July 2012. Web. 11 Dec. 2014. <http://www.examiner.com/article/some-want-the-government-to-go-after-journalists-for-leaks>.
- "Amendment To First Amendment To Muzzle You." Coaching By Subject Experts. N.p., n.d. Web. 10 Dec. 2014. <http://www.coachingbysubjectexperts.com/amendment-to-first-amendment-to-muzzle-you/>.
- Cole, Harry. "CommLawBlog : Broadcast & Communications Lawyers & Attorneys : Fletcher Heald & Hildreth Law Firm : Telecommunications, FCC Regulation, Communications Act." First Amendment Face-off: Supremes To Consider Constitutionality of FCC Indecency Regime : CommLawBlog. Fletcher,Heald,&Hildreth, n.d. Web. 11 Dec. 2014. <http://www.commlawblog.com/2011/06/articles/broadcast/first-amendment-faceoff-supremes-to-consider-constitutionality-of-fcc-indecency-regime/>.
- Varvel, Gary. "1st Amendment – Conservative Cartoon | Opinion - Conservative." Before It's News. N.p., 30 July 2012. Web. 11 Dec. 2014. <http://beforeitsnews.com/opinion-conservative/2012/07/1st-amendment-conservative-cartoon-2446600.html>.
- "Pix For First Amendment Freedom Of Speech." Pix For First Amendment Freedom Of Speech. N.p., n.d. Web. 11 Dec. 2014. <http://pixgood.com/first-amendment-freedom-of-speech.html>.