Advantage Arts Academy | March 11th, 2022
Dates to Remember
- Monday, March 14- Violin 3:15
- Tuesday, March 15- Drama Club 3:30
- Tuesday March 15- Violin Club 3:15
- Wednesday, March 16- Art Club 3:15
- Wednesday, March 16- Violin 3:15
- Thursday, March 17- ST. PATRICK'S DAY (Wear Green)
- Thursday, March 17- Violin 3:15
- Friday, March 18- Advantage Arts Stars
- Friday, March 18- EARLY RELEASE (School is out at 1:30)
- Monday, March 21-24- Last Book Fair of the School Year
- Monday, March 21- Book Fair 3:30-4:30
- Monday, March 21- Violin 3:15
- Tuesday, March 22- Book Fair 3:30-4:30
- Tuesday, March 22- Violin 3:15
- Tuesday, March 22- Drama Club 3:30
- Wednesday, March 23- EARLY RELEASE (School is out at 1:30)
- Wednesday, March 23- NO VIOLIN CLUB
- Wednesday, March 23- Book Fair 2:00-6:00
- Wednesday, March 23- Parent Teacher Conferences 2:00-6:00
- Thursday, March 24- EARLY RELEASE (School is out at 1:30)
- Thursday, March 24- NO VIOLIN CLUB
- Thursday, March 24- Book Fair 2:00-6:00
- Thursday, March 24- Parent Teacher Conferences 2:00-6:00
- Friday, March 25- NO SCHOOL
Message from the Principal
Dear Advantage Arts Family,
This has been a great week! We are adjusting to the ever changing Utah weather. We are excited to say that our enrollment is fantastic for next year. I appreciate the efforts of our wonderful families helping with yard signs, social media posts/comments, and talking to your neighbors and friends. We truly have an amazing Advantage Arts Academy community. Please continue to spread the word.
The winner of the APPLE TV is number 17! Don't worry if you forgot your number we will contact the winner to collect their prize. Please continue to proudly show off the school with your yard sign!
We are prepared to start waiting lists in all of our grades, so *PLEASE re-enroll your student for next year. We have reserved spots for all of our current students to register. It is as easy as clicking a button on your students' Aspire account. If you have any questions please reach out to our front office.
With the growth of our school, we want to make sure we are making positive changes to next year. We are happy to announce our first All-day kindergarten class. For right now, we are only having one section. Once that section is full the priority will go to the students enrolled in the AM/PM classes. Our hope is to grow that All-day program.
I hope we all have a great week!
Dress Code Reminder:
There have been quite a few questions about dress code in the past few weeks. I wanted to remind our families of the appropriate bottoms for school:
- Uniform pants must be the uniform style (Dockers’ style) in solid navy, tan/khaki, black or grey. No tears, rips or holes will be permitted.
- Jumpers, shorts and skirts must be at least fingertip length and may not be cut-offs.
- No sweatpants, yoga pants, “jeggings” or leggings.”
- No logos, patterns, lace, sequins, etc.
Art Integration Night
Thank you to everyone that participated in Art Integration Night!
We had so much fun doing this Art Integration night for all of our current and future students and families! Seeing multiple ways that our incredible teachers and staff integrate art into our classes was so entertaining.
This week we had the 6th graders come into one of our 1st grade classes for some collaboration! Our 6th graders are such incredible leaders and examples and the 1st graders LOVED having them come in and work with them!
Advantage Art's Stars
Advantage Arts Star Students will be this Friday, March 18th! If your student is nominated by their teacher for star student they will receive a letter from their teacher this week with instructions.
St. Patricks Day!
Thursday, March 17th is St. Patrick's Day! Please Wear Green and Gold to celebrate the day!
1st Grade Landmarks
In first grade, students have been learning about maps and geography. During art time, we highlighted important landmarks that students were familiar with and they created their own little models using clay. Students thoroughly enjoyed getting to squish and form the clay into the shapes of mountains, valleys, plateaus, and lakes. Next week students will get to paint them to finish them off!
2nd Grade Place Value Collage
This week in art, second graders finished making their comics from last week. When they finished, they made a place value collage. Students were given a number and had to represent that number four different ways by using paper to represent fives and ones. Students enjoyed getting to stretch their brains and figure out different ways to represent the same number.
After School Clubs
ART CLUB WILL BE HELD THIS WEDNESDAY, MARCH 16th
ART CLUB IS NOW FULL! Please be sure you have paid your art club fee. There is a $40 participation fee that needs to be paid in the office to cover the cost of supplies. Art Club is two times a month from now until May. Art Club starts right after school at 3:15 in the art room (Room Number 203). If you have any questions on dates or questions about art club please email Mrs. Redd at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Violin Music Club
THERE WILL BE NO ART CLUB ON WEDNESDAY, MARCH 23RD AND THURSDAY, MARCH 24TH (Parent Teacher Conference will be held those days)
Violin Club will be for 3rd-6th Grade Student and is on MONDAY, TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, and THURSDAY from 3:15-4:15. Students in the Violin Music Club will need go straight to ROOM 201 (Next to Mrs. Redd's art room) after school. On the day your student has club, larger instruments can be brought into the front office in the morning and must be picked up on the way to room 210.
Drama Club practice for Little Women. Please make sure younger siblings are picked up and your student is coming prepared to focus and work hard. We are so excited to see the students shine in this play!
Please email Miss Thomas with any questions at email@example.com. Thank you!
We have so many fun opportunities to volunteer at our amazing school and be part of all of the fun!
Our next big volunteer opportunity is OUR LAST BOOK FAIR OF THE SCHOOL YEAR!. We will the book fair open from Monday, March 21st through Thursday, March 24th. Please contact Miss Loni our librarian if you are wanting to volunteer.
Thank you to everyone that has volunteered so far this year. You are the reason Advantage Arts Academy is so amazing.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR DONATIONS!
We would like to send an extra special shout out to EVERYONE that donates to our school! We are who are and are able to do what we do because of all of you! Make sure to stop into these businesses and and show them some love.
Former Miss Utah and Current Miss Herriman
John Paras Furniture
Mi Rancherito in American Fork
Hale Center Theatre
Again, we are so thankful for your support and donations!
Breakfast & Lunch
- Monday, March 14- Muffin or Donut
- Tuesday, March 15- Fresh Baked Cinnamon Roll or Breakfast Casserole
- Wednesday, March 16- French Toast Sticks or Croissant Sandwich
- Thursday, March 17- Fresh Baked Cinnamon Roll or Pancakes
- Friday, March 18- Breakfast Burger or Bagel
- Monday, March 14- Waffles or Pancakes
- Tuesday, March 15- French Dip Sandwich or Turkey Sandwich
- Wednesday, March 16- Homemade Cheese or Pepperoni Pizza or Aloha Chicken Burger
- Thursday, March 17- Popcorn Chicken or Pulled Pork Sandwich
- Friday, March 18- Hotdog Wrap or Meatball Sub
Sending Lunch From Home?
Students are welcome to bring lunch from home to eat! This year students can also supplement home lunch with a fruit, veggie, and milk (they must pick three to count as a free lunch) for FREE.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR STUDENTS ARE TAKING CARE OF THEIR ADVANTAGE ARTS ACADEMY LIBRARY BOOKS!
If you are looking to make any donations to our library there are many ways you can donate funds or books to the library.
1: You can bring new or used book donations into the front office of Advantage Arts Academy.
2:You can find our Advantage Arts Academy Library wish list through Amazon at the link below and purchase books directly from Amazon. You can choose from there to have to books shipped directly to the school or ship them to you and bring them into the office.
3: You can follow the link below for the campaign created by a close friend of Mrs. Evans per the request of her family. The money donated to this campaign is used by Miss Loni, our Librarian, to purchase books directly from the Scholastic website and each book purchased through the campaign will have an "A reader Lives A Thousand Lives, Honoring Lisa Evans" campaign plate on the inside cover of each book.
Become Part of Our Advantage Arts Academy Team!!!!
Advantage Arts Academy is still looking for a READING TEACHING ASSISTANT and ESL TEACHING ASSISTANT.
We still have limited seats available for the 2021-2022 school year. Please share with your friends, family members, and neighbors so they have the best chance possible to secure their spot at Advantage Arts!