SPS District 186 Parent Engagement Roundtable
Superintendent Student Roundtable
Student Roundtable updates
- The students prepared a video to share with eighth graders at upcoming visits.
- The students will visit May 25th to talk with eighth graders about high school.
Education funding this week:
- Senator Manar’s sponsored Senate Bill 231 came out this month. It includes some redistribution of wealth across the state in educational funding. If it passed 186 would get $2Million more in funding. Learn more: WUIS
- Governor Rauner’s bill would bring in $1.9Million more to District 186 but does not change funding formula.
- Colleges and Adult education received some funding this week from state.
Audit of High School Advance Placement (AP) Classes
District 186 will receive grant money to bring Lead Higher to increase AP courses, successful participation rates and enrollment of more students who are not always in these classes.
District 186 is one of 7 districts in state to receive the grant money.
District 186 will be part of a professional learning community with the other 7 districts. 186 will have also have a coach for our district.
- Department of Revenue sent a press release stating they overpaid for the past two years to total: $800K.
- The payback of overpayment will be spread over several years.
- Learn more in State Journal Register Article
Parent Engagement Roundtable
- Students were engaged in learning and there were smooth transitions between classes
- Space is limited; cafeterias at middle schools are too small for number of students eating lunch
- Music is played between classes at one high school
Feitshans F.A.C.E. Team
Held their FACE meeting before the FACECamp
Engineers in the Classroom
Engineering Explorer Post
Matheny-Withrow F.A.C.E. Team
Outreach to build relationships with families
Parent Engagement Roundtable Meeting
Wednesday, Sep. 7th, 5:30pm
1900 W Monroe St
RSVPs are enabled for this event.