Freeman Mustangs Newsletter #33
April 16, 2021
- March 15th-May 25th: ACCESS 2.0 for ELs Assessment Window
- March 15th-May 14th: Illinois Assessment for Readiness (IAR) Assessment Window (3rd-5th Grade)
- Saturday, April 17th: Virtual Pinewood Derby (information below)
- Wednesday, April 21st: ABC Countdown kicks off (See more below)
- Monday, April 26th: Title I Meeting- Information below
- Week of April 26th: Illinois Assessment for Readiness (IAR) Assessment (3rd-5th Grade)
- Thursday, May 6th: Virtual Supply Pick-up 7:30am-3:30pm
- Tuesday, May 11th: Freeman BINGO Night & PTA General Meeting
A Message From the Office
These next 6 weeks are going to fly by and there will be a lot of end of the year communication shared out. Please be sure to review information for upcoming events, dates and times.
We will host our annual Parent Title Meeting on Monday, April 26 at 5:00pm. This is where we hear from you as to ideas for involving families, communicating academic progress, how to use finances to increase parent engagement, and feedback. Please use the following Zoom information to join the meeting. https://sd129.zoom.us/j/5074569864?pwd=Zng1RWFYUDd6RmxjVU9CYmhJT0w1QT09
Meeting ID: 507 456 9864 Passcode: Mustangs
We are also planning out some end of the year activities and will share those out with families very soon. Stay tuned!
In-Person Learning Updates
During times that a mask is removed such as lunch, students will be distanced 6 feet apart. With this in mind, there will be some changes with the student lunch hour.
- Daily health screener needs to be completed five days a week by 8:00am as students will be in-person Monday through Friday.
- Lunch will take place in the classroom and the cafeteria. To allow for 6 feet distance while students are eating, some students will be eating the cafeteria. Cafeteria tables will be clearly marked for distanced spots where students can eat.
Freeman School End of the Year Countdown
Check out the calendar to see the scheduled activities! These activities are optional. Your child can choose to participate in any or all of them. We are using it as a way to build our school spirit as we close out another great school year at Freeman School! Join us and let’s have some fun! ☺
Pinewood Derby open to ALL Freeman students!
Cub Scout Pack 312 would like to invite every Freeman student to join us for our Virtual Pinewood Derby on Saturday April 17!
This includes every virtual student with a Freeman teacher, no matter what your home school you attend.
If you need a car kit, you can pick up a kit for $5 at the Naperville Scout shop at 4s100 Rt. 59 Naperville, IL 60563, or contact Jen Cresse (text preferred) at 815-793-2674.
We also have some car kits that have been donated if purchasing a car is an issue.
The cars come as a block of wood, and 4 wheels and nails. The challenge is turning it into a car. If you need help turning the wood into a car, the Naperville Scout shop will be hosting a few opportunities to cut the wood into a shape.
More details about how to drop off your car will be coming soon.
Please see attached flier for rules. If your car does not meet the guidelines when you drop it off, we will have help available to get it to work!
Updated Information on State Assessments
- ACCESS for ELs testing begain the week of March 15th and is almost complete. This is for English Language Learner students only.
- Illinois Assessment for Readiness (IAR): 3rd through 5th grade students will participate in a total of six tests in the areas of Math and English Language Arts. Due to the schedule changes with students returning to full in person learning, IAR testing has been rescheduled to the week of April 26th. A letter with more details will be sent out soon.
Please make sure students bring their charged Ipad or Chromebook and headphones to school daily.
Freeman WILL have a YEARBOOK this year!
Yearbooks for this 2020–2021 school year are on sale now!
1) You can order directly online at Lifetouch (school code: 12943521), OR
2) Use the downloadable version of the ordering flyer (see below)
Families who are unable to participate in an in-person Lifetouch portrait sitting can use "Snaps at Home" to have a portrait picture created with the gray Lifetouch background to be used in the yearbook as well. Click here to get started, lifetouch.com/picture-day-snaps-at-home.
LAST YEAR'S YEARBOOK:
Last year's yearbook can still be picked up in the office!
If you still want a 2019–2020 yearbook, they are available in the office for $20 ea. as well (supply is limited).
If you were on the reserve list to purchase last year's book, your book is waiting for you at the office with your name on it. Just bring the $20!
Please contact the office at 630-301-5002 to report their absence.