Herrick's Helpful Hints
Housekeeping (See below for reminders and general tech info for VCE.)
NEW TECHNOLOGY PROCEDURES - (YES, WE HAVE CHROMEBOOKS!)
- ALL technology must be scheduled on the outlook calendars. It is extremely important for you to bring them back on time as well as checking the calendar because teachers plan their lessons around their schedules and
PRIMARY SIDE OF THE BUILDING
- Ipad check out will be for ONLY K-2 side of the building from this point forward. Ipads allow the littles to have easier access to our school's technology resources. Ipad carts will be in Todd's Technology Room.
- There will also be a laptop cart with 11-13 laptops housed in Rachel Singleton's room.
SECONDARY SIDE OF THE BUILDING
- ONLY chromebooks will be availabile for check out on the secondary side of the building. Most students on this side of the building will be taking the GA Milestone on a chromebook, desktop, or laptop.
- Your class must complete an orientation with me before you are allowed to check out the chromebook carts.
- Chromebook carts are allowed to be checked out by anyone on the secondary side of the building. They are not a grade level item.
- Chromebooks are not county maintained, so if they are broken, it will be a VCE cost, not taken care of by the county.
- Chromebooks are housed in the following rooms: Purcell, Szatkowski, Rollins, Roberson, Scussel. They are currently carts of 10, but after a second purchase, they will be carts of 20.
- Please encourage students to use Classlink as much as possible. The links to Pearson math materials, StemScopes, and Education Galaxy are all in classlink now!
- Please do not print to the color printer from your classroom. It seems to cause tons of problems in the library.
Want to know more about how to use Google Forms for grading? Check out this blog! (I am working on ways to do this with the common assessments. Let me know if you want me to show you how this can be done!)