How to Register to Vote
By: Kennedy Sweeney
Qualifications to vote
- a citizen of the United States.
- a North Carolina resident.
- at least 18 years old by the date of the next general election.
- must not have gotten a felony and serving a sentence for it
- must revoke previous states registrations
Ways to register to vote
- in person
North Carolina Registration Deadlines
Military, overseas, and out of state registration
If you are in the military or an overseas resident you can register by:
- The Federal Postcard Application (FPCA)
- The Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB)
With these two ways you have to physically sign it and turn it in to the State Board of elections by 5 p.m. on the day before the election date. You may turn it in by mail, email, or fax.
If you are a out-of-state resident and still live in that permanent residence, you can register by: