Technology Summer Changes
A lot has happened since you've been away!
This product will still be automatically available to those in select courses such as CATE.
Apple Devices Now Manageable
Chromebook Login Change for Students
- Emails marked as Marketing, Social Media, or Bulk will no longer be quarantined. These emails will still be scanned for malware and evaluated by Microsoft. Emails from outside of the district will still have a caution tag but allow you to choose if you'd like to continue receiving them rather than just going straight to quarantine without your knowing.
- We now provide a Safe Unsubscribe button that allows you to safely unsubscribe from emails you don't wish to receive anymore. No more scrolling to the bottom of the page and highlighting text to find that "unsubscribe here" button that's almost impossible to click if you're on your phone.
New Software Approval Process
parent and student help desk
We now have a Student/Parent Help Desk in addition to our Technology Service Desk. You will still call 1234 for both services but may be redirected depending on your input. The Parent Help Desk will provide support for students and parents. Parents will be prompted to enter their child's student ID number when they call. This service will be provided throughout the school year.
The Student/Parent Hotline will be provided for the first 10 days of school. This will be a large Help Desk that will provide first-level support for incidents occurring at the beginning of the school year. The Student Help Desk can be reached by dialing 940-369-0385 and 0390 for the Spanish line.
- Student/Parent Hotline: A large call center for the first 10 days of school to assist parents that need general information, experience technical issues, or need direction for student services. English: 0385 | Spanish: 0390
- Student/Parent Help Desk: A year-round service much like our Service Desk but dedicated and specialized for servicing parents and students. Ext: 1234
- Service Desk: A year-round service that provides technical assistance for Teachers and staff. Ext: 1234
Skype is Transitioning to Teams
IPEVO V4K Visualizer
Audacity (Security Risk)
Skype for Business (Replaced by Teams)
SSO Password Recovery
Tech Status Page
Two-Factor Authentication (Cisco DUO)
- Two-factor authentication provides a second layer of security to any type of login, requiring extra information or a physical device to log in, in addition to your password. Cisco Duo will be your 2nd factor of authentication when logging into accounts associated with Classlink, Office, or Google. You will need to install the DUO app on your Smart Phone and link it to your Denton ISD account via QR code. This change will be effective August 10th, 2021 for staff only.
- Duo is fully compatible with Classlink but not Google. Because of this, you may find that when you log into a Google service you will be redirected to our SSO for this feature to be utilized.
- You can expect an email with more information about this change shortly.
- Our Voicemail System has been upgraded. No action is required on your part but your current voicemail greeting has been deleted. You may go through the enrollment process to activate your new voicemail and set up your new greeting but it’s not required. You will NOT lose your old or missed voicemails.
- You will be able to check your voicemail on either your Outlook or your physical phone. Outlook and your phone will sync voicemails so once listened to, there is no need to rid notifications on the other service. You will, however, need to start deleting voicemails from either your phone or through Outlook as your voicemail box now has a storage limit. If you find that your mailbox is full please contact the Service Desk at 1234.
- Your Temporary Pin will be 1234 and your ID will be your 4 digit extension.