BME Staff Update
March 24, 2019
A few thoughts on environment as a teacher...
Every person needs a place that is furnished with hope.
Thinking about the environment as a communicator and shaper of values can stir up a new sense of the significance of care and education work. When teachers and parents find themselves in environments that are beautiful, soothing, full of wonder and discovery, they feel intrigued, respected, and eager to spend their days living and learning in this place. Aren’t these the very feelings we want the children to have?
Team Meadow -
Wow! Last week sure was a doozy, as this schoolhouse was incredibly busy all week long!
Replay from this week:
- Boone Meadow Mixer success on Friday evening yielded our most successful auction in Boone Meadow history. The auction produced nearly $11,000 in funds to be turned back to Boone Meadow students and staff. Thank you for supporting this important event.
- ZCS Growth Forum with Dr. R resulted in over 130 parents in the cafe resulted in a very positive responses in support of future ZCS endeavors.
- IREAD3 - completed!
- Will and Allison's Art Show and Music Informances concluded after two weeks of connecting with all 1st and 2nd grade students and families. Positive responses from families abound!
- Thanks to everyone that supported the tremendous success of another Wellness Night.
- Another Book Fair success. This was Marisa Gordon's last time to be the lead with the Book Fair, as she has done this for the last 3.5 years. Be sure to extend a hearty thank you to her the next time you see her.
- FIrst grade's partnership with Fundae's Ice Cream provided our students with real life applications in opinion writing. What a wonderful experience! (Yes, there's still some in the freezers...)
- 4th grade Hoosier Heritage projects and 3rd grade Rube Goldberg projects also provided more "wow factor" for families and students.
Four more days until spring break, my friends. We've got this...
Staff Meeting - We will continue our focus/theme of "belonging" when we gather in the Family Room after school. A few of the agenda items:
- HR will be here to briefly share a few important items regarding benefits.
- We will take a bit of time to reflect on our global understandings and audit our classroom spaces as well.
Kindergarten Round Up - As expected, we will welcome our largest group of incoming Kindergarteners all day on Tuesday. Kindergarten Round Up begins at 8:30 AM and will conclude at 5:00 PM.
- At current, we have slightly north of 100 incoming Kinders scheduled to meet with our team throughout the day.
- In addition to the daily needs, please note that our office team will be very busy welcoming guests, as well as, collecting and organizing registration information on every incoming Kindergartener throughout the day.
- Lauren and I will be hosting informational sessions for parents/guardians all throughout the day in the Family Room.
- Kristi, Kim, Kara, Laura, Lisa, Lindsey, and the Kindy team will be meeting with children all day in the media center.
I'm grateful for all of you,
April Staff Meeting - 4/22
- In lieu of 2 April staff meetings, we will hold one extended staff meeting on April 22nd.
- In order to ensure opportunity to dialogue about content, please plan for the staff meeting to conclude at approximately 4:30 on Monday, 4/22.
- Dr. Robison is tentatively planning to attend to assist with moderating the viewing of the documentary.
- Staff members in attendance will be allowed to leave early one day during the week of April 22nd.
- Click on the "REJECT" image or the link below to view the trailer.
Thank you for your flexibility to make this learning opportunity a possibility.
Calendar Items & Information
25th - Staff Meeting
26th - Kindergarten Round Up (8:30-5:00)
29th - April 7 - Spring Break
9th - Kindergarten Field Trip to Butler/Clowes Hall
10th - PTO Mtg
11th - 2nd Grade Field Trip to Butler/Clowes Hall
12th - Spirit Day - Twin Day
17th - 3rd grade music performance @ 6:30 PM
22nd - Staff Meeting - REJECT documentary
23rd - ILEARN testing window opens (3rd/4th gr)
24th - Spirit Day - Who's Your Hero Day; Dine for Dollars @ McAlisters Deli 5-8 PM
Personal Business Leave Requests
For Certified Team Members:To requests "personal business days," please complete the following process.
- Go to the following link, and complete the "personal business request" form. https://goo.gl/forms/CycfilABEUyILbh83
- Once the form is completed, please send a brief email to me (Tom) that includes the date(s) of your request(s).
- Enter your upcoming absence in AESOP as soon as possible. (It can always be deleted later should plans change.)