March 11, 2022
Dress Code Reminders
- All students must wear shorts, skirts, and dresses that are fingertip length (no clothing shorter than 5 inches above the knee), hemmed and without frays.
- All sleeveless shirts must have straps at least three inches (3”) wide and cover the shoulder. Shirts or blouses must extend beyond the belt level and be appropriately buttoned.
- Shoes and socks are required. Open-toed shoes must have a heel strap and be worn with socks. Tennis shoes or soft soled shoes are recommended. Shoes with wheels are not allowed.
- Crop tops, strapless, low-cut clothing, clothing with slits, outfits that provide minimal coverage, the wearing of headgear, clothes with spikes or studs and clothes with slogans or advertising that is controversial or obscene in nature are prohibited.
- Hats or headgear may be worn outside only, except on special occasions.
The administration has the right to designate which types of fashion, fads, or appearance disrupt or detract from the educational program. If appropriate clothing is not worn, a phone call home will be made asking the parent/guardian to bring the appropriate clothing to school. Thank you for checking your child’s appearance each morning before they leave home.
The District reserves the right to insist that the dress and grooming of students are within the limits of generally accepted community standards and students shall be required to show proper attention to personal cleanliness. Students’ dress, personal appearance, and conduct are required to be of such character as not to disrupt or detract from the educational environment of the school or create a safety hazard.
We expect all visitors to the school to be good examples of the dress code.
Finally, be sure to write your child’s name in his/her clothing in the event something is lost.
We appreciate your support!
2022 LWJES Summer Acceleration Program Information & Sign Up By March 18, 2022
This year's program will begin on Tuesday, May 31, 2022, and run until Friday, June 17, 2022. The program will be closed on Tuesday, June 14, 2022, due to the primary election day.
This program will run the same hours as the regular school day, school meals will be provided, and those who qualify for CCSD bus service will have access to transportation. There will not be any Safekey services during the summer program. More detailed information will be shared at a later date.
Please open the following flyer to view additional information regarding the program.
If you are interested in your child attending the program, please complete the following interest form (2022 Summer Acceleration Program Interest Form) for each child you would like to attend the program by Friday, March 18, 2022.
Based on demand and staffing, enrollment in the program may be limited based on a first-come, first-served protocol based on when parents/guardians signed up students.
Complete one form per child to express interest in attending the program.
REMINDER: Screen Your Child's Health Before School Each Day
Any students determined to be exhibiting symptoms related to COVID-19 will be sent home immediately from school from the satellite health office. Should isolation and/or quarantine protocols need to be enacted, communication will be provided from the school.
Click here to see meal menus online. You can also search for food distribution sites on this website. NOTE: You may need to "refresh" the webpage to see the menus for LWJES.