NEWS for #701 Belair
December 7 - December 11, 2015
- promote a sense of shared respect and responsibility between home, school and community
- teacher reflection and collaboration will be an essential part of our growth and student achievement
- optimal learning will exist in a safe, nurturing, and supportive environment sustained through School Wide Positive Behavior and CharacterPlus
- teachers will have high expectations for all students and provide them with a learning framework centered on critical thinking, problem solving, self-reflection, communication, collaboration, and real life experiences
Things to Note/Upcoming Events......
Monday, December 7 - Thursday, December 17 - Classroom Diagnostic Testing for grades 3 - 5 in computer lab
Tuesday, December 8 - 8:00 AM Meeting with Vicki Robb for classroom teachers (Angela Farris' room); grade level meetings with Vicki during plan times
Wednesday, December 9 - Tier 2 Behavior Team - 8:15 AM (location TBA); Scott Out AM
Thursday, December 10 - SchoolNet Training with Gala and Stephanie - 4:15 lab
Friday, December 11 - Team Time - 8:15 AM (No Weekly Assembly); Kindergarten Field Trip 10:15 - 12:30
Student Meetings: Monday - Y. Thomas-Kwakye - 8:15; Tuesday - L. Smith - 8:15; Friday - J. Pine - 8:15
AMP Schedule: Monday - Yellow; Tuesday - Red; Wednesday - Blue; Thursday - Yellow; and Friday - Red
Library/Counseling Schedule: White Week
Morning Duties: 8:30 - 8:45 Gym (Rachel); 8:30 - 8:45 Cafeteria (Liz); 8:30 - 8:45 Car Riders (Jami)
Afternoon Gym Duties: Walk, Hall, Yanis, Long, Schmitz, Demspey, and Watson
Happy Birthday: December 14 - Margo Williamson and Amanda Schmitz; and December 15 - Gala Dempsey
Upcoming Culture/Belair Cares Events: Staff Cookie Exchange/Fundraiser - Monday, December 14
Infinite Campus Gradebook MUST be updated by the end of each Tuesday with the previous week's scores/standards recorded.
Data Cycle data to Scott upon beginning/ending each unit for math and writing.
Web page updated by December 31.
Shout out to Jen Bowen on her first win this past week as the JV Jays Girls basketball coach.
Let me know if you have a special "shout out" or "high five" you would like shared!
Four Corollary Questions
1. What do we want kids to know and do?
2. How will we know they know or can?
3. What will we do if they cannot?
4. What will we do if they can?