May 21, 2021
Monday, May 24 is the last day of school!!
Congratulations 8th Graders!
Please find the Class of 2021, 8th Grade Promotion Video. Congratulations to all our 8th graders who will be soon transitioning to high school. We wish you the best of luck in your next endeavors! We will miss you and have a great summer!
Say Cheese 8th Graders!
Attention all incoming 6th, 7th, and 8th grade girls!
Tryouts for the 2021 Jefferson Softball Team begins on July 26, 2021 from 8-10AM at the Centennial Softball Diamond (between Jefferson and Centennial). All Jefferson girls are welcome to try out. You must have a current Sports Physical on file and register at https://il.8to18.com/JeffersonMS in order to try out. Email Coach Terren Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions!
Strings Virtual Concert
I am excited to share with you our "Virtual Spring Concert", featuring members of Jefferson Middle School Strings! While music making hasn't been quite the same, our students have been making the most of our time together and working hard, especially for this performance. And for that, I am very thankful and very proud!
Caution: If you are using headphones to listen, I would advise turning down the volume a just bit. We have a powerful sound :)
(fun fact: I watched Harry Potter for the first time this year, and yes, I am a hufflepuff).
Please enjoy our end of the year "concert"; we hope it brightens your day as we end another school year
JMS Social Media
Jefferson's SILT Culture and Climate team created a Youtube Channel and Tiktok account to connect with our families. Our goals are to share information with you, for you to get to know us better, and to share some of the great things our students and teachers do every day in our school.
Our Youtube channel is: https://youtu.be/hsIdKzDeAWo
Follow us on Tiktok: @jeffmiddleschoolcc
Student Services Team
Visit the Jefferson Website to get connected to our Student Service Team (administrators, counselors, social workers, psychologist, mentor coordinator). Check out the resources and connect with your counselor on the Jefferson Student Services Quick Links page.
Imagine It! Summer Reading Challenge for Teens
May 15–August 31, 2021
2 hours = Culver’s ice cream scoop + FriendShop Bookstore free book
4 hours = Jet’s Pizza slice + Panera sweet treat
6 hours = Choice of free book + Papa Murphy’s cookie dough or pizza
8 hours = Slim Chickens shake + Skateland pass
10 hours = Choice of free book + Monical’s individual pizza + Champaign Park District pass for Sholem Aquatic Center, Leonhard Recreation Center, or Dodds Tennis Center
Take the 20-Hour Challenge
20 hours = A cool backpack!
Come to the Main Library or Douglass Branch to collect your prizes! Collect your prizes by August 31.
Made possible with support from the Library Friends.
Daily Student Attendance
Two Friendly Reminders:
1. If your student is sick or has an appointment and cannot attend classes online, please contact our Attendance Office to let us know.
2. If you are experiencing internet disruption, please also call our Attendance Office to let us know.
Our Attendance Office number is 217-351-3786,
Our district is working to assure that our Zoom classes are kept secure. One of the ways that they are doing this is making sure Unit 4 students are logging into their district sponsored Zoom accounts each day before their classes and not using personal Zoom accounts.
If a student is fully-logged into Zoom under their district sponsored Zoom account the name of the student in the class should be STU FIRST NAME LAST NAME.
To accomplish this please make sure the following steps are completed prior to going into Google Classroom or any other app.
- Once a student is logged into the Chromebook itself. Go to the bottom of the Chromebook and find your app icons on the taskbar across the bottom.
- Find the Zoom App icon; blue and white circle with a video camera in the center; click on that app.
- The Zoom window/app will open; at the top click the words "Sign In".
- On the right select; "Sign In with Google".
- Type in your u4sd credentials including your four digit graduation year and password.. or select your u4sd account frem the list of accounts.
- If you have logged into your student account the top right of the Zoom app window will have STU FIRST NAME LAST NAME there. If it doesn't; go through the steps again to make sure you are able to get into the account.
- When you have logged in properly to the u4sd account; when you click on Zoom links it may pop up a box and give you a blue oval to click that says "Sign In to Join"; that is how to assure you get in.
· It is required that each student use their u4sd account to log into Zoom; as the district has changed permission settings to only allow authenticated users in sessions. To do this students must select "sign in with google" when they login to the Zoom app on the Chromebook. It is a good idea to do this before getting into Google Classroom.
· If your student has received an error message "that they are not an authenticated user"; they can troubleshoot that using the attachment here. It could also be due to not logging in through Google as mentioned in the bullet above.
· If your student is having a chromebook issue please reach out to our tech department helpline at (217) 351-3801 or email email@example.com
· If you are looking for Chromebook troubleshooting help here is a helpful site for that. bit.ly/U4ChromebookIssues
· Parent FAQ for Chromebook Help can be found here: bit.ly/ITParentFAQ21
· For Chromebook repairs, please fill out the following form bit.ly/U4ChromebookIssueForm
· Please remind students to use respectful language during all Zoom meetings.
We have a new website with lots of new information and upgrades... check it out at https://jefferson.champaignschools.org