"Community of Character"
- I need to give a shout out to Binky Sanders for doing the hemlock maneuver on a student this afternoon who got choked on a piece of candy. Very scary, but she saved the day!
- Shout out to Valerie Weber for coming in and working so good with the kiddos and all the staff. Shelley W
- When teachers are done putting out buddy packs for their classes to be sure to bring extras back down to lobby for rest of the bldg.-We have been short buddy packs the last couple of weeks!
We are using a new online system this year for summer school applications. You only need to fill out the REQUIRED portions.
Below are instructions to apply:
- Click on the following link: http://www.jcschools.us/Page/10119
- Click on "apply now"
- Click on the "apply" button next to "Summer School" - "Your school ex: North"
- In the top right hand corner click on "Apply for this position"
- If you have not ever applied for a position online, you will need to follow directions to create a new account. If you have previously used the online application system, you should have a user name and password
- Cubbie PTO fundraising events
The Cubbie PTO has two fundraisers a year –both with Sno-Biz and we need you. Please email Brenda Hatfield (firstname.lastname@example.org) cc:nicole Langston ASAP if you are willing to help!
Kids Fest 5/30/15 10:00 -2:00
Task—sell shaved ice and make dollars for Cubbie PTO.
Friday, May 29th – create flavors and organize for the event.
People needed 2-3
5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday, May 30th –sell and flavor the shaved ice (Sno-Biz will operate the machines)
9-10 a.m. –set up 2-3 people
10—noon 6 people
noon – 2 p.m. 6 people
2 – 3 p.m.—clean up 2-3 people
Task—sell shaved ice and make dollars for Cubbie PTO. In 2014 we were able to raise more than $650 to support the PTO. This allowed us to purchase Lee’s and El Esplon for teacher conferences as well as fund other celebratory items for our faculty/staff at SWECC.
Saturday, May 2, 2015
9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
8:30 – 9 a.m. set up 2 people
9 a.m. – 11 a.m. 4 people
11 a.m. – 1 p.m. 4 people
1 – 1:30 p.m. clean up
- This is just a reminder that the whole month of May is blacked out for in-district professional development and mentor/mentee days. I cannot approve in-district leave requests for days in May.
- Providing we don't have any snow days, the last day of school will be May 20th. Students will be released 3 hours early; Teachers are required to stay the complete day on May 20th and are not required to come back to following.