Davis/Martin Weekly Update
January 4 - January 8
Happy New Year and welcome back! This first week back means we will be working on refreshing school/classroom expectations and routines. This week also marks the beginning of third quarter. Be on the lookout for second quarter report cards and other papers being sent home on Friday. Some of these documents will need to be signed and returned.
Mrs. Davis & Mrs. Martin
In MATH & SCIENCE:
- Science: We are starting our Simple Machines Unit
- Math: We are still working Multiplication and Division with Fractions.
- We will continue to work on our individualized math program on Khan Academy and Front Row Math. Students are allowed to work on it at home.
- We will be celebrating our successes in mastering multiplication facts the Thursday and Friday we come back to school. If you haven't hit 121, you still have until Wednesday. You still can do it!!!
- Weekly Reading Log: 20 minutes of reading, 5 nights per week, DUE MONDAYS (this is averaged into your child's reading grade)
- Weekly Vocabulary Page: This will go home every Tuesday, and needs to be completed and returned every Wednesday
- Students will most always have math homework every night through the week, Fridays and weekends off.
- Have you downloaded the Nettleton app? If not, go to your app store and search for Nettleton Public Schools. You will be able to email staff, receive information regarding school closing and much more!
- If your child is going home a different way than usual, please call the school to let us know. Many parents will email or text teachers but often times teachers have their phones off. We want to make sure that your child makes it home safely!