First CRC Weekly
November 22 - November 28
Our Mission: To Glorify God by making More and Better Disciples
From the Administrator
Welcome to this week's CRC newsletter! Here you will find time-sensitive announcements, events, service schedules, offering schedules, and prayer list. I will send these out at the end of each week. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out!
Please continue to lift all those in our church family in prayer as we continue to navigate the COVID pandemic both together and apart. We pray that each of you finds peace in the midst of turmoil, hope in the midst of fear and doubt, and love for one another in the midst of this unprecedented time of uncertainty. May the Lord bless you and keep you.
"...for the Lord did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power, love and self-control." 2 Timothy 1:7
Nancy - Church Office Administrator
Are you receiving our First CRC Weekly via email? This will keep you up to date on what is just ahead. If you would like to be added to our email list please contact me.
What's happening this Sunday morning
This Sunday text: Ephesians 2:1-10; "I'm Sorry" - Pastor Martin Sisneroz (There will be no sermon guide this week)
Please join us for our Sunday "live" outdoor worship at 11 am on the church parking lot. (basketball court section). Remember to bring your lawn chairs, dress warmly, bring blankets to keep warm and to remain physically distanced. Hand-outs with the song lyrics will be available on the tables. You can find Children's Bulletins on these tables as well. Locked boxes will be available for your tithes and offerings.
To tune in to this week’s message online, please choose from one of the options listed below.
(available for Roku Devices)
Need assistance with viewing our online broadcast? Please contact Tim Thomas at 559-284-5573 or email@example.com.
If you have any questions about upcoming worship services or worship events, please contact Vince Godfrey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
winter stem challenge
December is almost upon us, which means the holidays are near! What better way to bring in some holiday cheer than with another STEM challenge. We invite all children ages 3 years old to 6th grade to participate in the Great Gingerbread Build. Challenge rules and supplies will be available for pick up on November 29th. I can’t wait to see what you come up with!
The Gingerbread Man
SAVE THE DATES: COME CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS WITH HANFORD CRC
COME CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS WITH HANFORD CRC
- Friday, December 11th, @ 6:30pm - Christmas Jubilee Variety Show - A great time to bring people from the church and community together to sing some familiar songs of the season, enjoy performances from friends and family, and have fun intergenerational activities. We will hold this outdoors with a food truck, spiced hot apple cider, and hot chocolate (all free of charge), so bring a lawn chair or blanket or we’ll have chairs there!
NOTE: If you would like to sing a song, lip sync to a song, present a skit, let Vince know as soon as possible (email@example.com). If you want to do a solo or sing with a friend or two or put a group together to do something (like Gems, Cadets, Youth Group, Life Group, Coffee Break, or whatever group you’d like), please let Vince know. If you’re not sure of an idea, again, please contact Vince!
- Sunday, December 20th, @ 5:00pm – “A Socially Distant Christmas” Children’s & Youth Christmas Play - It's been too long since we've seen children & youth up front leading us, so we are putting together a unique and fun program full of the Christmas spirit with messages of love and hope as well as songs led by the young people of our church. With the new COVID guidelines, we will pre-record the scenes and songs socially distantly and live stream it on the 20th. If you have kids or know of kids who would like to act and/or sing as part of a small, socially distant group, please let Vince know as soon as possible (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Thursday, December 24th, @ 5:00pm - Christmas Eve Candlelight Service - Let's share the Christmas story through Scripture, readings, prayers, and songs…the service IS the sermon. Yes, this is a change from the recent past, but we've been listening and understand that a lot of people travel on Christmas Day. With the updated COVID guidelines, we are planning one having 1 service outdoors at 5:00pm and we’ll end after twilight with a candlelit “Silent Night.” It will be a special time for the entire family! We hope to see you there. If you have any questions, please contact Vince (email@example.com).
our next hymn sing
Common Ground (9th - 12th grade) will NOT meet Sunday at 6pm for small groups
Middle School Ministry (7th & 8th grade) will NOT meet on Wednesday at 6:30pm
Cadets (5th-6th) will NOT meet on Wednesday at 6pm
(3rd & 4th) will NOT meet on Thursday at 6pm
GEMS (3rd - 6th grade) will NOT meet on Wednesday at 6:30pm
EVENTS THIS WEEK
New City Catechism of the Week: How and why did God create us?
Common Ground (9th - 12th grade) will NOT meet Sunday at 6pm for small groups
Middle School Ministry (7th & 8th Grade) will NOT meet Wednesday at 6:30pm
GEMS will NOT meet on Wednesday at 6:30pm
Cadets (in person with Zoom option) 5th & 6th grade will NOT meet Wednesday at 6pm
Cadets (in person with Zoom option) 3rd & 4th grade will NOT meet Thursday at 6pm
UPCOMING FIRST CRC SPECIAL EVENTS
- Pre-recorded LIVESTREAM ONLY Thanksgiving Day Service - Thursday, November 26
- Friday, December 11th, @ 6:30pm - Outdoor Christmas Jubilee Variety Show
- Sunday, December 20th, @ 5:00pm - Livestream Family Christmas Program
- Thursday, December 24th, @ 5:00pm - Outdoor Christmas Eve Candlelight Services
BIRTHDAYS & ANNIVERSARIES
Tuesday: Angela Lemos
Thursday: Curtis & Lael Dunn (15th), Richard & Marcy Van Workum
Saturday: Elena Godfrey
Next Sunday: Rick & Lori Koelewyn
This week: Soup Kitchen
Thanksgiving: Salvation Army
Next week: Faith Promise
General Fund Report of Offerings and gifts:
Approved budget for fiscal year 2020/2021 - $881,400
($73,450 needed per month to make budget)
General fund offerings through October 31, 2020 - $127,777.89 (we reached 14.5% of our 2020/21 budget)
General Fund expenses through October 31, 2020 - $86,849.53 (we spent 9.9% of our 2020/21 budget)
- Feel free to mail your donations to the church office (2175 Leoni Drive, Hanford, CA 93230)
- Cash donations will be accepted during normal office hours only (M-TH 7:30 AM–3:00 PM)
If you are writing a check to the church, the bank has requested that all checks be made payable to the First Christian Reformed Church of Hanford. If the checks are made payable to another name they may be rejected.
Want to save time and hassle? Check out our Online Giving program at http://hanfordcrc.org/give-online or ask a Deacon for assistance. Thank you for your continued support.
Our Church Family
Next Sunday morning, November 29, we will celebrate with Mark and Jordan Tos as they present their son, Ryland William, for baptism, the sign of God's covenant with his people.
Fabric face masks: Facemasks are available in both children and adults sizes in the church office Monday to Thursday from 8 am to 2 pm. A minimum $5 donation is asked to benefit Crossroads Pregnancy Center.
"In House" New City Catechism - All parents with at least one child between the ages of 3 and 6th grade are invited to take part in New City Catechism! Download the app (search "New City Catechism APP") on your phone, tablet, or other electronic devices. The lesson this week will be: How and why did God create us? (week 4) Join the ‘City Catechism Discussion with First CRC’ Group on Facebook!
Did you know that you can access our congregation's Business Meeting minutes directly from our website? That's right! All approved meeting minutes from the past year for Governing Council, Ministering Elders, Ministering Deacons, and our Annual Congregational Meeting Minutes are available online. Want access? Inquire with Nancy at the office. 559-582-4423 or firstname.lastname@example.org
PRAYERS AND PRAISES
Richard Lemos - bone cancer; hospice care
Fred Koelewyn - chemotherapy
Jane Tos - cancer treatment
Please pray that God's precious promises will comfort Dave and Sharon Johnson and their daughters, Emma and Madeline as they mourn the loss of Dave's step-father, Dave Renner, who passed away Friday, November 13, in Oregon.
Romans 12:10 says, "Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves." It can be easy to forget about those that we don't see each week. We hope that you take some time to visit, send cards, and pray for these members of our family:
Joan Audrain, Bob Carvalho, Norm Galloway, Richard Lemos, Richard & Marilyn Maccagno, Helen Schilder, Dan & Janet Slootweg, Claudine Van Groningen (living in their own home)
Martha Chandler (Alice Manor in Fowler)
Janet Henshaw (Lemoore Elderly Apts)
John & Marge Duyst, Helen Noland (The Remington)
Bram Stout (Diamond Terrace)
Jeanette Stout, Corrie Vennema (Valley Christian Home)
Linda Reenders (Palm Village in Reedley)
RELATIVES OF FAMILY
Jayna Carruthers (5 year old daughter of our former Pastor Justin and Julie Carruthers) Please continue to pray for Jayna as she still has months of recovery and evaluation. It has meant so much to Justin and Julie to know so many people are praying for Jayna.
Jill Smith (Janice Hofmans sister) undergoing hormone chemotherapy
Cal & Jamie Hofland and Roger & Sue Scheenstra
Stewart & Christine deJong
Jason Vryhof, Matt Morgan
Want to get in touch with our staff?
Vince Godfrey, Pastor of Worship and Liturgy - email@example.com
Martin Sisneroz, Pastor of Assimilation and Discipleship - firstname.lastname@example.org
Heather Thomas, Director of Communications and Life Groups - email@example.com
Sarah Zonneveld, Director of Children's Worship - firstname.lastname@example.org
Tim Thomas, Director of Technical Services - email@example.com
Nancy Azevedo, Church office administrator - firstname.lastname@example.org
2020/2021 OFFICE BEARERS
- Chairman: Bill Tos
- Vice Chairman: Robert Butts
- Clerk: Scott Schmidt
- Treasurer: Leland Kootstra
Ministering Deacons -
- Chairman: Johnny Zonneveld
- Comptroller: Piet Zonneveld