Bristow Run ES Panther Press
End of School Year: June 2021
We did it! We just completed a full year of school during a pandemic. We worked hard, adjusted frequently and worked as a team to give our best to our students and families. I can’t even put into words the emotions I feel as we close out this year. When we thought we were asking our teachers and families to do the impossible, we did it with positivity and success! I am so proud of our staff, students, and families for working together to learn Canvas, master virtual and concurrent learning. We supported one another, and THRIVED while we kept safety as our main goal! I wish our community continued good health and a safe and fun summer! Find great books to read!
With a grateful heart,
Important End of Year: Wrap-Up Information
Devices and Learning Materials Return
Students attending school on Friday, June 11th can leave their school loaned device and learning bag materials with their teacher. Dates for return of all other devices and learning bag materials are listed below:
Tuesday, June 15th – 1:00 to 4:00 (grades K, 1 and 2)
Wednesday, June 16th – 1:00 to 4:00 (grades 3, 4 and 5)
Student Placement for 2021-22 School Year
As we are closing out this year, we are also planning for the 2021-22 school year. With all the planning, we have to consider student placement for next year. I value and appreciate parent feedback on the type of learning environment in which you feel your child may learn best. Specific teacher requests are not part of the form on purpose, but we do like to match up the characteristics of a teacher with what you believe your child needs. The form will be open until the end of the school year. Thank you in advance for your input.
Click below purple button below to access the form.
Bristow Run Summer Parent Resources
Want to know how to support your child/children through the summer? Want to keep them engaged in reading and writing activities, but don't know where to start?
Be on the lookout for summer reading "virtual events"! Dates TBA
Summer Reading Incentive Program for All!
Congrats To Our 5th Graders & Their Families
We Love Our Staff Too! Thank you for supporting our awesome 5th graders.
PWCS 2021-22 Learning Plan
Per PWCS: Plans are subject to change.
When is the first day of school?
- The first day of school is August 23, 2021.
How many days a week will students attend?
- All students will attend school five days a week Monday-Friday.
- Virginia state law requires school divisions to provide in-person learning to all students five days a week, and that school boards may provide a virtual option during the pandemic.
- The Prince William County School Board further directed that a 100 percent virtual option be provided to students at all grade levels.
What will the bell schedule look like?
- Exact times will be communicated by each school before the first day and will vary by school. Bell times will be approximately
- Elementary Schools 1st run 9 a.m. – 3:10 p.m. and 2nd run 9:30 a.m.-3:40 p.m
Why are there two bus runs for elementary schools?
- Schools will follow modified bell schedules to accommodate extra runs for elementary school buses to ensure no more than two students to a seat.
Will there be a virtual option?
- All students will be considered in-person unless their parent/guardian opts-in to virtual learning. Virtual learning attendance requirements will be different for 2021 new school year including having a camera on.
- Virtual students will be grouped with other virtual students to the extent possible and may be grouped across schools. Additionally, virtual students may be enrolled into classes through Virtual Virginia and Virtual Prince William.
- Please note not all classes may be available virtually (such as certain hands-on CTE classes).
- School counselors and schedulers will work with students on individual schedules.
- Parents and guardians will have the opportunity to opt-in to virtual learning via ParentVUE from May 24–28.
Why must the selection for virtual be made now?
- Planning for the fall school year is occurring at schools now. Schools must plan staffing and budgeting to match student needs at each school. In order to ensure proper staffing and scheduling it is important for schools to have information on fall attendance as soon as possible.
If my child starts virtual can they change to in-person?
- Per VDOE guidance, PWCS must allow any virtual students to transition seamlessly to an in-person setting at any point.
Will concurrent teaching occur?
- Concurrent teaching (students in-person in the classroom, some at-home virtual) will be eliminated to the greatest extent possible.
- Concurrent teaching will occur if students are quarantined.
- Scheduling of virtual-only sections will be maximized within schools, and may include students across schools, and may require limited use of concurrent teaching in some cases.
What will be the health mitigation requirements?
- PWCS will follow the orders of the Governor, Virginia Department of Health (VDH), and Virginia Department of Education in effect at that time. The following are current planned mitigations and subject to change:
- Classrooms — physical distance to the greatest extent possible with a minimum of three feet, face coverings will be worn.
- Buses — students will share seats, and all passengers will be expected to wear face coverings.
- Cafeteria — students will be separated six feet to greatest extent possible.
- Quarantine may occur — requiring impacted students to have concurrent teaching during that time.
Will students receive technology?
- All students will be provided a laptop and will have access to free internet at-home if needed.
Will school-aged child care be available?
- Before and after school child care will be available via Alphabest. Registration information is available on their website.
Will COVID-19 vaccines be required for students to attend?
- Currently, COVID-19 vaccines are not required for students.
Library News from Mrs. Tucker:
Students who completed the 30 Book Challenge in June
Ann Graves Salazar
Bristow Run's Garden: Needs Your Help!
BRES Virtual Talent Show
Here's the link to the BRES Virtual Talent Show. Run time: 1 hour 04 minutes. You can find this under the morning announcements tab on our BRES homepage as well. It takes you right to the youtube channel!
ENJOY: BRES has talent!
Bristow Run Elementary Facebook Group, is a closed group on Facebook so you must request access. Please click on the "button above" to join the group and see all the amazing things our students are doing at BRES!
Want to see the PWCS Twitter craze? Please follow us @BristowRunES