The Corley Cheer-Community Edition
September 16, 2022
September is off to a wonderful start! Usually, you will receive the community version of The Corley Cheer at the beginning of each month. However, there are exciting updates that we wanted to get to you. I look forward to seeing you at our Title I Family Engagement Night on Thursday, September 29th (5:00-6:30).
Please review the exciting updates below. We are #CorleyStrong! We can't wait to see you soon!
Administrative And Counseling Team
Principal- Ms. Aleshia Duckworth
Assistant Principal- Ms. Jacquetta Baldwin, Grades 2 & 5
Assistant Principal- Mr. Gregory Jackson, Grades K, 4, and Special Needs
Assistant Principal- Ms. Tammy Knox, 1, 3, & English Language Learners
Assistant Principal- Dr. Leslie Retchko- Pre-K & Specials
Counselors- Ms. Joanie Huston & Ms. Dilanie Lewis
The company will send your purchased shirts to the school within three weeks of the purchase date. The digital spiritwear shop will be available on a 2 week cycle, resulting in the first day of purchasing beginning on October 3rd and concluding on October 17th.
Purchases can be made via the school website or through the flyer that will be sent home with your students on September 29th. Your purchases will be delivered to the school and sent home with your students after three weeks has passed since your purchase date. We can't wait to see you in your Corley attire!
School Store Prizes
AKS At Home
College and Career Readiness
We encourage your wonderful students to join our staff as we dress up in an attire that supports a college that we love or attended. Please see the dates for this initiative.
- November 7th
- December 5th
- January 9th
- February 6th
- March 6th
- April 10th
- May 8th
Health And Wellness
GCPS schools have established reasonable and precautionary practices within the school to minimize the risk of infection and/or spread of COVID-19 and Monkeypox.
Guidance is subject to change based on updated recommendations from CDC/Department of Public Health and will be communicated to local school HRT members.
- Provide opportunities for regular handwashing.
- Implement the custodial schedule/processes to clean high-touch areas during the school day.
- Clearly communicate and follow COVID-19/Monkeypox criteria for return to work/school in consultation with county nurses.
- As of August 18th, masks are strongly recommended, but optional for staff in all GCPS facilities. In addition, at this time mask coverings are OPTIONAL for students, and visitors.
Action Items for School Plan
- Ensure each common area and classroom will have hand sanitizer available for use.
- Continue to provide ample time for restroom and handwashing opportunities.
- A custodial schedule will be utilized to ensure cleaning of high-touch areas is occurring throughout the school day.
*Protocols for reporting COVID-19/Monkeypox contact exposure will be followed and reported immediately to administrators/district health officials. Please see additional information regarding Monkeypox procedures and CDC Guidelines from GCPS.