Professional Learning Network
How Twitter Can Work For You
Getting started with Twitter (a five minute tutorial)
Why use Twitter?
- To engage
- To learn
- To teach and share
- To find out the latest news
"I learn more every day on Twitter than from the three major newspapers and ten magazines I used to read." - Joe Waters
#hashtag: used to mark keywords or topics in a tweet
If you think of a great hashtag, let me know! I need to grow my list!
How do you create a network on Twitter?
- You find people who do what you do
- You find people who are experts in doing what you do
- You find organizations that are all about doing what you do
- You find cool people who are experts in different areas of the field
- Look at who all these people follow. You can find great folks to follow based on who your folks are following.