Week of October 3rd, 2016
Last week in science and social studies we studied maps and different forms of electricity.
This week's homework is build a 100's chart and become more familiar with them. This will help increase your students number sense, as well become more familiar with this tool. We use them daily in our problem solving. They will also be coming home with their guided reading books as well as 1-2 other books from my classroom library for daily reading. Homework will be due Friday 10/7. The books are on loan so they will need to be returned on Friday as well.
Take a look at the week ahead:
- Reading-Sight word work, Phonics, and leveled Guided Reading
- Manipulating a 100's chart, problem-solving and goal work.
We are going to start a Book Creator project. The students are going to use their iPads to create personal narratives.They are going to take their writing from the past 6 weeks and create their own books!
What is Energy?
Reminders and Helpful Information
- We will go to the library this Tuesday.
- Early Release Day is Thursday, October 3rd. Dismissal is at 11:55 am.
- Career Day is also Thursday 10/3. We will have speakers from the Hewitt Fire Department and Officer Stone.
- No School Monday October 10th.
- IEP Progress Reports and Grade Cards will be sent home at the end of the week.
- Our classroom tends to be chilly. If your child would like, they are more than welcome to bring a sweater with them to school. If they get cold easily, I would recommend it.