Center High School
Greetings from the Principal
Below are our Belief Statements:
- WE BELIEVE that with proper instruction and support, all students will meet or exceed learning expectations.
- WE BELIEVE adult learning is a lifelong commitment, essential to student success.
- WE BELIEVE diversity should be respected, appreciated and valued in order to strengthen learning for all.
- WE BELIEVE everyone is accountable and responsible for the success of every student.
- WE BELIEVE active leadership is essential and is everyone's responsibility.
- WE BELIEVE meaningful change is necessary to ensure all students succeed.
- WE BELIEVE all parts of the system must work together for our vision to become a reality.
I want to wish everyone a wonderful Fall season. As we continue to walk through this school year, please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance. I am honored to serve as your principal. GO ROUGHRIDERS!!!
Stop Bullying Home Page
Stop Bullying on the Spot When adults respond quickly and consistently to bullying behavior they send the message that it is not acceptable. Research shows this can stop bullying behavior over time. Parents, school staff, and other adults in the community can help kids prevent bullying by talking about it, building a safe school environment, and creating a community-wide bullying prevention strategy.
CHS 2021 - 2022 Bell Schedule
HB 4545 (ACCELERATED INSTRUCTION)
Given the disruptions of the 2020-2021 school year, the Texas Legislature approved House Bill 4545 which provides additional learning opportunities for students who did not meet standards on the STAAR EOC exam. One of those learning supports is 30 hours of extra tutoring. On September 20th, CHS began offering after-school tutoring Monday through Thursday from 4:00-5:00 pm. Bus transportation is being provided to those who need it. If you have any questions about this after-school tutoring program, please contact our office. (936) 598-6173
DATES TO REMEMBER
October 4-29 CHS Pumpkin Decorating Contest
October 7 -9 Shelby County Poultry Festival
October 11-15 Fall Break
October 18 Staff Development (Student holiday)
October 23-31 Red Ribbon Week
October 26 PSAT/NMSQT
November 5 Picture Day for 9th - 11th grades (12 Grade TBA)
November 7 Daylight Savings Time Ends