NCVPS French 3
Mme Barraza's sections 2 & 4; Edition 10
Mme Barraza News (For parents and ELAs) - le 1 mai
I will be closing units NINE (Les Professions) this Tuesday morning. We have many students who are going to be hurt by their closing and low grades will remain if the work is not done by Tuesday morning at 8 AM but leaving them open is not working - students are simply not getting the work done. Please check with your student to see if they have all work in units 9 done by now and if not please encourage them to get work turned in before Friday morning. I do not want to see the low grades but I do want to see work coming in!
Students have seen this in announcements (today). I will open units 6, 7, 8, 9 again next week for five days (May 8, 9, 10, 11, 12). That window of time will allow them to "make-up" work that they may have missed at some point. I am hopeful that this will allow them to get work done that they have missed during the course of this quarter.
Let me know what questions you have.
Required Bi-Weekly LIVE Meetings
These were put in Monday's announcement this week. Please check there to see when these are.
A Progress Report will go out next Monday (May 4). What does your grade look like?
Share this newsletter with your parents! We like to keep them informed! Invite them to text or e/mail me!
Frequently Asked Questions - Normal to ask!
- I'm new to online learning. What if I don't know how to navigate the website? Your school's NCVPS lab coordinator is usually your first resource. He/she is typically versed in using Blackboard and can answer most "how to" questions. If they don't know, you can always call me after 4:00 pm for assistance. Be sure to complete the Blackboard Orientation before beginning the course. Most questions will be addressed there.
- Is it OK to call you? Of course! That's what I'm here for! Don't forget that I do teach in a traditional school during the day, so if you call, please leave a message so I can return your call as soon as possible after school (same for a text).
- What if I'm having problems understanding concepts? Help is just a phone call away. You can contact me during regular office hours by phone, text, or Blackboard Instant Messenger. I am also available by request. Just ask!
- How late is too late to call? Please do not call after 9:00 pm You may email or text at anytime, but see question #2.
- Can we use online translators? Absolutely not! The use of online translators is a form of plagiarism and students who use them will receive a grade of 0 for that assignment. Trust me, I will know.
- How can I be successful in this course? The most important thing you can do is ask questions early and often. If you don't understand something, you must ask me (or another student) for help. Another key to success is keeping pace. It is important that you work daily. It is the expectations that all students are submitting work daily. I will close the units as we complete them.
- How do I know what is in my grade? Go to the Calendrier button in your course. The items highlighted in GREEN are currently averaging your grade. The other work has been assigned (if the date is past) but only the items in green are averaging in your grade right now.
Text me at 620.583.4372 . I know it sounds bizarre, but I get terrible cell phone reception in my home and for calls in general but I do text so please text me there.
I am pretty available to students all day long but you may have a wait if you try to contact me when I am in class.