12 Characteristics of Handwriting
What does your signature consist of?
3 classes of handwriting charactersitics
- Letter form: shape of letters,curve of letters, angle or slant of letters.
- Line form: smoothness of letters, darkness of the lines on the upward compared to the downward stroke.
- Formatting: the spacing between letters, words and lines.
The 12 steps:
- Is the line quality smooth?
- Are words and margins evenly spaced?
- Is ratio of small letters to capital letters consistent?
- Is the writing continuous?
- Are letters connected between capitals and lowercase letters?
- Are letter formations complete
- Is all of the writing cursive?
- Is the pen pressure the same?
- Do all letters slant to the right?
- Are all letters written on the line?
- Are there fancy curls or loops?
- Are all “i”s dotted and “t”s crossed? (top, middle, or not)
Sophie, CJ, Connor and Isabel