Lakeview Family Newsletter ~ November 20
Prefer to read this in a different language? Click "translate" on the right.
¿Prefieres leer esto en otro idioma? Haga clic en "traducir" a la derecha.
Preferoni ta lexoni këtë në një gjuhë tjetër? Klikoni "përkthe" në të djathtë.
هل تفضل قراءة هذا بلغة مختلفة؟ انقر فوق "ترجمة" على اليمين.
We have much to be thankful for at Lakeview:
• We are first and foremost grateful for our students and their families
• We are grateful for the best educators around!
• We are grateful that everyone is flexible, patient, and resilient
• We are grateful for smiles on Zoom and little, funny moments
• We are grateful that we are in a district that supports great technology
• We are grateful for the people working on the front lines to fight the pandemic
Thank you all! We truly ask you to be thoughtful with your gatherings this holiday season. Wash hands, wear a mask, watch your distance. Every choice that each of makes now impacts how soon we can get kids back in-person for learning later.
If your student has a Chromebook issue, here is the procedure we follow:
• If you are having issues with your Chromebook - physical damage or other HARDWARE issues (Not charging, broken keys, glitchy, damage, camera or audio outage) - fill out the Chromebook support form (every student has this link in their "Student Bookmark" folders. It is also on the District website under "For Families" and on the Lakeview website homepage). After you complete the form, someone will reach out to you to offer support.
• If you have an immediate need (Password support, not able to access Zoom, Google Meet, or Google Classroom issues) or you are unable to log into your class, call your school office. If they cannot help you, they will pass your information along to the teachers or librarians for further support.
Trivia Night for 4th and 5th grade students
Food Drive for Human Concerns
This year is the 7th Annual Food Drive for South Milwaukee Human Concerns. All six SDSM Schools participate in this food drive. Time is running out, but you can still participate. Non-perishable food donations and personal hygiene items can be brought directly to Human Concerns, which is on the corner of Milwaukee Ave and 11th Ave. (1029 Milwaukee Ave). You may drop off items by driving your car to 11th Street (east side of the street) on the side of Human Concerns and open your trunk. We will get the items out of your trunk. If you want to donate, but would prefer not to come to Human Concerns there is a GoFundMe page for the food drive. All donations will go towards purchasing food. The final chance to donate on--site is:
Saturday, November 21 - 9AM-11AM
Butter Braids are back!
Dear Lion Families:
We are excited to announce our Butter Braid fundraiser is back by popular demand! These delicious, hand-braided pastries are available in the following flavors:
Apple, Cream cheese, Raspberry
Blueberry cream cheese
Cinnamon, Strawberry cream cheese
Decadent caramel rolls and cinnamon rolls are also available for purchase. All products arrive frozen, so you can thaw and bake as desired.
Fundraising begins 11/16/20 and will be delivered to Lakeview on 12/16/20. In addition to paper order forms, online ordering is also available for your convenience. Click this link to register and order. These pastries are great for any occasion, so be sure to stock up!
Please email April Swanson, Lakeview PTO President, at email@example.com with any questions.
Thanks for supporting Lakeview Elementary!
• There is an open position on the executive board for secretary. You may nominate yourself or someone else by emailing the PTO at Lakeviewsmpto@gmail.com Nominations must be received prior to the December PTO meeting and a vote will be taken that night.
• The December PTO meeting is December 17th from 7-8 p.m. on Zoom
• A Lakeview staff cookbook will be available for $5 starting soon after Thanksgiving. Look for more details soon and let Lakeview cook for you this holiday season (sort of ...)
• There will be an online Bingo night on January 21. Mark your calendar!