Mrs. Lyons' Newsletter
Week of November 16, 2015
Mark Your Calendar:
This week, our Food Drive continues. Fourth grade will be collecting PEANUT BUTTER and POP-TARTS.
November 19: Book orders are due. You may order on-line using the code GKDMT or send your order and a check (made payable to Scholastic) with your child. See the link below.
November 19: Picture Retakes~If your child needs a picture retake, send in the first photo packet on this day.
November 19: Hoe Down from 5:30 to 7:00.
November 20: Wear Red to support the Panthers!
November 23 to November 27: Fall Break
- Spelling: We will begin working on new words this week. Students were given a copy to practice at home to prepare for our test on Friday.
- Reading: This week we will continue reading like scientists! Throughout this unit, we will read, write, and research space and weather related topics! Students are strongly encouraged to read at home every night, even if it is 10 minutes here and there.
- Writing: This week we will continue our research on various topics related to natural disasters and space. Your child may be interested in researching their topic at home.
- Math: We are working on multi-digit multiplication, like 30x7 and 3x700. At home, students should be practicing their multiplication facts, especially the 6x, 7x, 8x, and 9x tables. We will re-assess these facts throughout the week. Check out www.multiplication.com/games for fun multiplication games. See the button below for a link to the website.
- Social Studies: We will learn about our government and its founding documents.
- Student Planners: Check your child's planner for daily updates on what we are learning. If the assignment is to be done as homework, we will indicate this with HW.