Newsletter 16th November 2022
Levin East School
Kia ora tātou,
The summer sun has finally found us and our pool is ready for action (thanks Mr B!). We will plan our swimming times from next week. Aren't we lucky to still have our pool!!
This time of year does see more lost property, so please name everything you can.
We have only four weeks of school to go and you can see from the events below how busy they will be. It is an exciting time and the children are on board with their learning and out-of-class activities. We have welcomed many, many new students this term and I think some of them are surprised at how much is on offer. I think it is a wonderful part of our school kaupapa.
The New World Grocery Grab is drawn today - thank you to everyone who bought tickets. A massive thank you to Matt and the New World team to make it possible, and to our FundTogether group for driving it.
Don't forget to check out the Christmas Market next Thursday, 24th November, it is a great night and all funds raised go back to classes. See you there!
Have a great week,
Kia pai tō wiki.
DIARY THESE DATES (WOW, SO MUCH GOING ON)
- Wednesday 30 November: Whare Manaaki Trip to Porirua 9.30am - 1.30pm
- Thursday 1st December: Te Whanake Team trip (Rooms 3, 4 and 20)
- Monday 5th December: Pihinga/Kākano Teams movie afternoon (Rooms 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 17, 18 and 21)
- Tuesday 6th December: Junior Assembly 1.30pm - 2.50pm
- Wednesday 7th December: Pihinga/Kakano Teams water afternoon (Rooms 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 17, 18 and 21)
- Thursday 8th December: Ki o Rahi Tournament at Levin East School
- Friday 9th December: Orange Day for 2022 Road Patrollers 11.00am - 1.30pm
- Monday 12th December: Mahuri Team Lido trip (Rooms 1, 2 and 19) Pihinga Team picnic at Donald Duck park 10.00am - 2.00pm Te Whanake Team tabloids, pool and shared lunch at school
- Wednesday 14th December: Senior Prize Giving at Waiopehu College 10.00am - 11.00am
- Kakano Team Donald Duck Park trip
- Thursday 15th December: School closes at 12:30 for the end of year.
KidsCan are a wonderful supporter of our school.
Noel Leeming is delighted to again be supporting KidsCan by raising funds with our Friends and Family Promotion this November. With your help, we hope to make a difference by providing the essentials Kiwi kids need to learn, with 2.5% of the total sales from this event being donated to KidsCan. Last year's event raised over $8,400 for KidsCan.
This offer is open to our staff and our community. It gives everyone the opportunity to unlock amazing deals during the two-week period, starting on Monday October 31st and running through until Sunday November 13th, 2022.
REPORTING AN ABSENCE
If your child/ren are absent from school please let us know by either:
Telephoning the office on 06 3687494 and leaving a message on the absence line.
Texting: 021 1286225 or via the Levin East School App
Wild Rose Florist
LZ Tech Services