New Teacher Newsletter
- Taking time for yourself and getting some rest.
- Meeting regularly with your mentor.
- Having fun with your students!
This time of year can be stressful, but it's also a great opportunity to take stock of all the amazing things you've learned and successes you've had with your students. I'm thankful I'm able to work with an amazing group of new educators. Thank you for all you do. Enjoy your well earned break with family and friends.
Effective classroom management is preventive and proactive. The four components of a solid classroom management plan are:
- organization of time and space
- organization and management of materials
- organization and management of space
- organization and management of student behavior.
Your First Year Teacher Notebook contains some valuable tips on pages 40-52 around the first three components. Pages 57-61 offer information regarding behavior management and some strategies you can implement in the classroom.
Chapters 2 & 7 of the Eric Jensen book you received, Engaging Students with Poverty In Mind, offer strategies for engaging students and managing student behavior.
Students & Stress
First Year Teacher Observations of Mentors
You may send me a copy of the completed observation form via email or by pony. I've attached the form below.