Top TEN News @ Weston
May 3, 2019
2. We have begun our final round of NWEA assessments next week. All grades K-10 will participate in this online assessment. See the attached letter that can explain the process and what to expect.
3. Governor Holcomb signed a bill this week that changed the date for kindergarten eligibility. As a result, children that will turn 5 on or before September 1, 2019 are now eligible to enroll.
As a result, G-C Schools will use the September 1st cut-off date for this upcoming school year. Complete this form if you have a child that will turn 5 on or before September 1, 2019 and are interested in Kindergarten for the 2020-2021 school year.
4. Help us ‘Make a Change’ for Riley Hospital for Children and the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. The week of May 20th we will have a ‘Jar War’ to raise money for these two worthy causes. Save your change for that week . . . . more detailed info to come. Plus, Mr. Davis will have a challenge that if met would have him sleeping on the Weston roof one night :)
5. Weston is the Spotlight School at the May 13th School Board Meeting. This year we will showcase the Read-Up program that we for our 3rd graders. Want to learn about the program? Join us on the 13th @ 7:00 p.m. at the Board Meeting :)
6. STEM NIGHT: Mark your calendar for our 2nd annual STEM Night for GC students in grades K-3. It will take place on May 16th from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at JB Stephens Elementary. Last year hundreds of students enjoyed the event. Come for a little bit or stay the whole time! Check out the ‘interactive flyer below’.
7. Help your child earn Perfect Attendance for the month May by having them at school everyday we are in session. For the month of April we had 37% of our students with 100% attendance (every second of everyday). For the year we are currently at 96.67% for attendance. Our yearly goal set by the state is 97%.
8. Nameless Creek is once again offering their Plug Into Nature Day Camp this summer from July 8-12, 9am to 4pm, for students who will be entering grades 3-4-5 next school year. The total cost of the week is $70. Parents are responsible for providing transportation to and from the camp each day.
The camp provides activities such as sports and games, nature trail/creek exploration, a water carnival, arts and crafts, and basic culinary skills. These activities are designed to allow the campers to enjoy the outdoors, learn leadership skills, team building, and social skills.
If you are interested in having your child attend camp, please complete the attached paperwork and mail it to the address contained within the application.
If you have any questions, please contact Terry Miller, School Social Worker @ Weston Elementary, 317-462-1492, or firstname.lastname@example.org
9. As you are cleaning out your children’s clothes this spring, please consider donating to the Journey Bag program. This program will accept gently used or new clothing, for ages birth through 18, that will then be laundered and given to children in need within Hancock County. A donation box is located at the Weston office. All questions can be directed to either Mr. Davis or Mrs. Miller at school.
10. Next week is Teacher Appreciation Week at Weston! We are celebrating our 'ENTIRE STAFF' because they ALL help our students to grow :) Our PTO is providing food for the staff:
Monday - Desserts Bar (Because Stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS!)
Tuesday - Qdoba Catered Lunch
Wednesday - Florida Cracker BBQ Lunch
Thursday - Jimmy John's Lunch
Friday - Donuts and Coffee
STEM Night 2019
May 16th @ JBS
Muffins with Mom
May Brag Tag
Help your child earn this . . . present every second of every day in May :)
ILEARN Schedule at Weston
3rd Grade only at Weston.8:00 a.m. start each day.
ILEARN Information for Parents
Questions can be sent to INassessments@doe.in.gov
2019-2020 School Calendar
The 2020-2021 School Calendar can be found at https://www.gcsc.k12.in.us/
April Brag Tag
124 Students Earned this AWARD!
Lacrosse = Greenfield
They visited our students during lunch on 4/15/19.
Ann Vail - Asst. Superintendent
Summer Day Camp @ Harris Elementary
Learn more at this link.
STEM Night = May 16th
Open to ALL GCSC students!