By: Jasmine Brown
Facts about homelessness
- 564,708 people in the U.S. are homeless
- Tens of thousands of veterans are homeless over 57,000 veterans are homeless each night
- In the last few years millions have lost their homes. Over 5 million homes have been foreclosed.
- Domestic violence is a leading cause of homelessness among women.
This is the statistics of how Homelessness is caused.
If we don't stop Homelessness now
This picture is showing how homelessness really is. The person in the picture doesn't have a house or a bed but just a simple piece of cardboard, a pillow and a blanket
The link for the soup kitchen down below.
The three volunteers in the picture are from The Soup Kitchen. They are helping and giving food to the needy.
We can do this
The women in the photo is called Rosie the Riveter she was an icon in the 1980's. This poster will motivate everyone to stop homelessness and it says We Can Do It!
- Quigley, Bill. "10 Facts About Homelessness." The Huffington Post. TheHuffingtonPost.com, 13 Oct. 2014. Web. 02 May 2017.
- "2016's Shocking Homelessness Statistics." Social Solutions. Social Solutions, 09 Jan. 2017. Web. 02 May 2017
- "Homelessness 101." Coalition. N.p., n.d. Web. 02 May 2017.
- "10 Everyday Things That Will Help You Feel Happier." LifehackLane. Top Tips, 13 July 2013. Web. 02 May 2017.
- "We Can Do It!" Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 15 Apr. 2017. Web. 04 May 2017.
- "Effects of Homelessness." Homelessness. Depts.washington.edu, 17 July 2007. Web. 04 May 2017.