What We've Learned This Week
1. Letters Q, U, and X
- Phonics: We focused on sounding the letters Q,U, and X through repetition and showing pictures of words that begin with the letters Q, U, and X
2. Dictionary Words
- They colored, cut, and pasted pictures of words with initial Q, U, and X. Then they organized them alphabetically on their dictionary notebooks.
3. Sight Words
4. Story Comprehension
- Make an AB, ABB, AAB, or ABC pattern with Legos.
2. Estimation & Measurement
- They estimated and measured items in the classroom using rulers.
- The students were introduced to election and voting.
- After listening to How Leo Became a King, the students were asked about the story details
They talked about how what leaders do to become leaders.
- They listened to How Do We Move
- We discussed the importance of bones
- We named the skeleton bones and labeled them.
Fine Motor Skills
They practiced writing uppercase and lowercase Q, U, and X on their writing journals and on their Zaner Bloser Handwriting book.
Questions To Ask Your Child
- What does the letter Q, U, or X make?
- Name some of the words that begin with the letter Q, U, or X?
- (Comprehension/ Social studies) How did Leo the lion become a king in the story?
- What do people do on Election Day?
- Why is the importance of bones/skeleton in your body?
- What is the longest bone in your body?
- The report cards are in your child’s Homework Folder.
- Please sign and return by November 2nd.
- Parent/Teacher Conferences
- There is no school.
- Child care is available from 8:00-4:00.
- Operation Gratitude: You can donate any extra Halloween candy to the soldiers overseas.
- For more information, please refer to the hard copy flyer in your child’s homework folder.
- Please send Life Touch Pictures payment or return the pictures.