Mrs. Abrams' Good things....
Teresa.Abrams@wylieisd.net 972-429-3440 ext. 6102
Mrs. Abrams’ Kindergarten News
May 31- June 3
Kindergarten End of the Year Recognition
On Tuesday, May 31 at 7:45 am, we will be presenting each kindergarten student with certificate of recognition for their work this year. J The students are preparing something special to share with their families. We hope you can join us for the Awards ceremony!
dates to remember
Monday, May 30
Memorial Day: No School
Tuesday, May 31
7:45 - 8:15 am Kindergarten End Of Year Awards Ceremony
Wednesday, June 1
Thursday, June 2
Bad Weather Make-up day
Friday, June 3
Early Release 12:30
Last Day of Kindergarten!
Water Day is Wednesday, June 1st.
We will be outdoors from 8:00 to 8:55. Students will need…
- Wear their bathing suit with a t-shirt
- Sunscreen already applied
- Change of clothes (including underwear)
- A plastic bag for their wet clothing and shoes
- A sack lunch (the cafeteria will also have a sack lunch available, just return the sack lunch form)
- After our water time we will return to the classroom to change into dry clothes and watch a movie
- Please leave water guns at home for the day
From Mrs. Abrams Desk..
This summer there are many things that you can do to with your child to keep them learning:
1. Go to the public library and check out books
2. Have your child write about all their summer adventures in the Summer Journal I am making for them. I bet they will be able to write 3 to 4 sentences a day!
3. Read with them for 10 minutes every night. This can be some precious time for you to enjoy your child!
4. See below for several web site you can go to
5. See the list of summer learning suggestions attached to this newsletter J
6. Play some of the dice games you learned with your child at Math and Science Night.
7. Play a board game or a card game together as a family.
8. Enjoy your children while they are young. They grow up so fast! (I speak from experience!)
2015-2016 Dodd Yearbook
Volunteers in the Classroom
I have been blessed with wonderful volunteers in my classroom this year.
One couple is Ken and Beverly Lenior. They are volunteers from Wylie Methodist Church that came every Wednesday & Friday to read with my students. This week they gave each student a book they purchased from Half Price Books as well as a personalized bookmark.
If your child would like to write a thank you to them here is their address:
Ken and Beverly Lenior
1307 Brundidge Dr.
Wylie, Texas 75098
May Days -
Honoring Memorial Day
Wear red/white/blue. We will write letters to soldiers today!
Memorial Day/No School
Kindergarten Award Day
We will shine extra bright today !
Water Day & Beach Learning Day
Bring a towel and sunglasses!
We will watch Finding Nemo after Water Day
Hat Day – Early Release DAy
Wear your favorite hat for some outside Centers!
Kindergarten Summer Apps/Websites
Looking for something to do with your child this summer? Check out these educational apps and websites. Your student can continue to practice what we have learned all year long!
These are apps that will help students learn their word wall words or learn some sight words.
-Magnetic ABC, Word Wizard, Touch Write, Word Builder, Sight Word Bingo, PopWords, Bluster, Sight Word Touch, Little Speller Sight Words, Sight Words, Sentence Maker, Word Collage, Sight Word Hangman.
Pocket Phonics, Phonics Genius, Rhyming Bee, Phonics Awareness, Phonics Vowels, Tic Tac Toe Phonics, Phonics HD, and Rhyming.
Chicktionary, Express, Rocket Speller, SpellBuzz, and Simplex Spell Lite.ABC Work
LetterReflex, Movable Write, and Sound Sorting. The LetterReflex app is fantastic for those students with letter and number reversals.
There is a variety of different math practice concepts. I have tried to choose apps that are not strictly drill and practice apps. I also find we do a lot more hands on math but I do have students that love to practice math facts on iPads. The following apps I would recommend are Monkey Math, QCount, Marble Math Jr, Math Drills Lite, Bugs and Button, FingerCountLite, Hungry Fish, Top It Addition, Subtraction Sardines, Squeeze, Adding Apples, Zoom, Caboose, Rocket Math, Math Bingo, PopMath, What's Next, KidCalc, and Find Sums.