QuickNews: April 28, 2022
A Look Back At The School Year With First-Year Teachers 👩🏻🏫
It is always natural for children to come in on the first day of school feeling nervous 😟 but would you believe teachers get nervous too? Going from student-teacher to a full-time teacher can be a stressful thing when you have a classroom full of kids looking back at you. Two first-year teachers at Espy shared what those first few days of school were like, and how they were able to gain confidence as the year went along 😊.
Nixa Board Of Education Calls For Higher Teacher Salaries
In an effort to raise teacher salaries which are among the lowest in the nation, our school board is rallying the Nixa community to contact their state representative, senator and the governor. Currently, Missouri is last in the nation in average starting teacher salary, and 44th in the nation in average teacher salary. The board is asking that the state to take all available funds to make a permanent change to the funding of teacher salaries.
Nixa High School was Named the Top High School in the Springfield Metro Area
Nixa High School was named the top high school in the Springfield metro area and the 30th best high school in state by US News in their annual rankings.
See the full details on the rankings at https://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/missouri
Nixa Junior High Theatre Presents Annie Jr.
April 28, 29, and 30 at 7 PM in the Nixa Junior High Auditorium
Tickets are $6 for Adults and $4 for Students (General Admission).
To buy tickets, CLICK HERE. Then scroll to the bottom of the page.
Tickets can also be purchased at the door beginning at 6 PM each night.
Nixa High School Fine Arts Signing Day
Nixa High School fine arts signing day is today at 2:45 at the Nixa High School library.
- 🎨 Bri Wirth: Art, Missouri State
- 🎨 Jenna Bare: Art, OTC
- 🎨 Ella Ray: Art, OTC-Missouri State
- 🎺 Morgan Allen: Band, Missouri State
- 🎺 Eden Burton: Band, Missouri State -OTC
- 🎺 Mya Bartels: Band, Southwest Baptist
- 🎺 Jayden Coalson: Band, Missouri State
- 🎺 Edward Eiche: Band, Texas A&M
- 🎺 Lucas Finger: Band, Missouri State
- 🎺 Hannah Montgomery: Band, Auburn
- 🎵 Darby Allen: Choir, Drake
- 🎵 Chloe Costello: Choir, Central Missouri
- 🎵 Corban Fouse: Choir, Missouri State
- 🎵 Juilia Hines: Choir, Missouri State
- 🎵 Madison McGinnis: Choir, College of the Ozarks
- 🎵 Dalton Wilson: Choir, College of the Ozarks
- 🎭 Kelsey Cook: Theatre, Missouri State
- 🎭 Kade Gaunt: Theatre, Webster
- 🎭 Zachary Juarez: Theatre, Lindenwood
- 🎭 Carter Hackley: Theatre, Missouri State
Julia Worthley wins Best in Show at the 2022 COC Art Show
Last week the COC Art Show was hosted in Willard. Each school can only submit 25 pieces of art (2 from one student). Then artwork is placed in different categories (charcoal, graphite, oil paint, pastels, etc.) Lastly, judges pick the best 2D and 3D piece out of all the categories. I am proud to announce that Julia Worthley won the 2D Best in Show for her drawing "Mom"!
To View the Slideshow of all the students who placed, CLICK HERE
Visual Arts Banquet | Senior Art Show
Visual Art Banquet is today and is open to the public from 5:30-7:30 at the Nixa High School Library.
If you're unable to attend, you can view the Nixa Visual Arts Senior Show, CLICK HERE.
Nixa High School Yearbook for Sale
Don't forget to purchase your 2022 Nixa High School yearbook.
Books will be on sale at JostensYearbooks.com until May 20.
Yearbooks will be available for pickup in mid-August.
2022-23 Advertising & Sponsorships
"One of the best ways to promote a business in Nixa, is to support the community and school district that supports you."
- Rich Callahan
Air Services Heating, Cooling and All Service Professional Plumbing
Now is the time to get connected for sponsorships for the 2022-23 school year.
Many new additions, so contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
THURSDAY, APRIL 28
- VARSITY TRACK & FIELD @ REPUBLIC INVITATIONAL | 4PM
- TENNIS - HOME VS NEOSHO | 4:30PM
- JV/VARSITY GIRLS SOCCER - HOME VS WEBB CITY | 5/6:30PM
FRIDAY, APRIL 29
- JH A SOFTBALL @ OZARK A TOURNAMENT | TBA
SATURDAY, APRIL 30
- JH A SOFTBALL @ OZARK A TOURNAMENT | TBA
- VARSITY BASEBALL VS LIBERTY & LIBERTY NORTH @ ROCK BRIDGE & COLUMBIA HICKMAN | 9/11:30AM
Kids Dance Clinic | Saturday, May 7
Kids Dance Clinic is on Saturday, May 7, at 10:00am - 12:30 pm.
Parents come back at 12:00pm to watch all performances that the dancers have learned. Performances will wrap up around 12:30 pm.
Cost $20 - The clinic includes learning a dance, tote bag, and poms.
Pre-registration only through school pay and is open to any students K-5 in Nixa Public Schools. The deadline to register is May 3.
Nixa Baseball Earns MaxPreps National Ranking #25 and #1 in the State
In this week’s (April 26) MaxPreps High School Baseball Top-25 National Rankings, Nixa received a No. 25 ranking after surpassing its 20-win mark this season. Nixa is the only team in Missouri to be ranked and one-of-four teams in the midwest to be ranked.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255
Missouri School Violence Hotline: 1-866-748-7047
Missouri Child Abuse & Neglect Hotline: 1-800-392-3738