2022-2023-Family Newsletter #38
Peppy Jo's is now open at the Creek!
Exciting News!!! Yearbook distribution is TODAY!
We have a limited quantity of softcover yearbooks to sell on a first come first served basis for $35.
SALES BEGIN on TUESDAY.
Students who wish to purchase must have exact change or a check made out to Kersey Creek.
An announcement will be made for students to come to the foyer to purchase AFTER morning announcements on TUESDAY.
Please fill out this form to assist us with any requests for your child.
Go Nuts for Reading Night at the Diamond!
Go Nuts for Reading- Flying Squirrels Game Tips:
By request of the Diamond staff, the security company is really enforcing the rules this year.
* ALL bags must be clear or no larger than 5" x 7. Diaper bags and medical bags ARE excluded from this rule.
* NO outside food allowed. The DO allow empty reusable water bottles...but they MUST be empty. There are fill stations inside the Diamond.
*Come as early as possible to allow time to get through the security gates.
*The Diamond is cashless. A reverse ATM is inside as well as one concession and Squirrel store access cash.
Below is a link to the website for more tips and rules. The above ones are ones I felt most important with getting into the gate.
Important Student Lunch Account Information
If you have any questions, please see Tonda Pasowicz, Cafeteria Manager.
TRANSPORTATION NEWS- 2023-2024
While we still have several weeks left in this school year, our team is already planning for the upcoming school year and we need your help. To help us plan the most efficient routes possible while not restricting service, please carefully review the below options that apply to your family and follow the steps provided. All transportation service requests must be submitted by Friday, June 9. Please review the statements below, select the one that most closely aligns with your student’s situation, and follow the instructions provided.
My student currently receives transportation service and will need service next year.
- Log in to PowerSchool (review this document for more information on logging in).
- Visit your student’s PowerSchool page.
- Click on transportation on your student’s PowerSchool page (bus icon on the bottom left-hand side).
- If your student has a bus assignment in PowerSchool, they are considered pre-registered for transportation service for the 2023-24 school year and you do not need to do anything further. These students will be provided home-to-school-to-home services based on your current address (if you move over the summer, please update your information with your school and submit a transportation request via this form).
- If your student does not have a bus assignment in PowerSchool, please complete this form.
My student currently receives transportation service and they do not need it next year.
- Please complete this form to decline transportation service for next school year.
My student currently does not receive transportation service and will need service next year.
- Please complete this form to request transportation service for next school year.
My student currently does not receive transportation service and they do not need it next year.
- You do not need to do anything further if this is your choice.
In addition to the above steps, please note the following:
- If your student currently receives transportation service to an after-school program or daycare facility, you must submit an Alternate Bus Stop Request via this form. These requests are reviewed annually. All requests for morning or evening changes must be for all five days of the school week. Additionally, please note that we can only accommodate an Alternate Bus Stop Request if there is space available on an existing bus route. A list of daycare facilities that the department provides transportation to can be obtained from your school.
- If you are submitting an Alternate Bus Stop Request for a student who will be a kindergartener, first grader, or second grader next year, you must complete this form and return it to your child’s home school.
- Families of students who have special education transportation identified in their IEP and require specialized transportation services must still reach out to their school to initiate the process of setting up Special Transportation Services.
- If your student attends a specialty program or specialty school such as ACA, the Health Sciences Specialty Center, or CodeRVA, you must submit a transportation request using this form.
As a reminder, all transportation requests for next school year must be submitted by Friday, June 9. For more information, please visit the transportation webpage on the HCPS website.
As always, if you have any questions, please contact the Transportation Department at 804-365-6520, Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. through 4:30 p.m.
ABC Spirit Days as we count down the Last Days of School!
Order your child's school supply kit for next year!
FIELD DAY 2023
Date: Monday June 5th
Time: 8:15am - Kickoff/Mascot Race on the Bus Loop
9:00-11:00am - 3rd - 5th Grade
12:00-2:00pm - Kindergarten - 2nd Grade
Upcoming calendar of events:
6/9- End of year parties
6/25- Order your school supply kit: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cxFoKZHsx86q2hz0cJ9ecV--wM3IC0RZ/view?usp=drive_link
END OF YEAR PARTIES: The parties will be Friday, June 9. Please be on the lookout for a sign-up genius from your room parents for the end of year party in your child’s classroom. Adults of students are welcome, however please leave the younger siblings with another caregiver.
1:00-1:45 pm Kindergarten, Second, Third and Fourth Grades
12:55-1:35 pm First Grade
OUTDOOR ITEMS NEEDED: We are looking for pots, planters, pallets, benches, tables and canopies to provide space for outdoor learning next year. Please reach out to Jana Howell if you have donations. email@example.com
GARDEN CLEAN UP THIS SUMMER: Help keep our garden beautiful this summer and join us on the following dates:
Wednesday, 6/21- 5:30-6:30pm
Thursdays, 7/6, 7/20, 8/3- 8:30-9:30pm
Sunday, 8/20- 1pm
Reach out to Tori if you have questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOTHING DRIVE WILL CONTINUE THROUGH SUMMER: We are looking for Child XS through Adult XL clothing. The box for the clothing drive will be moved outside KCES during the summer and Jana Howell will monitor it. She can also collect in Milestone neighborhood, please text her for pick-up 443-695-1533.
SCHOOL SUPPLY BOX: Order your school supply box for next year. More information found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cxFoKZHsx86q2hz0cJ9ecV--wM3IC0RZ/view?usp=drive_link