The Wonderful Whales
*****Miss Vananzo's Outstanding Team April 3, 2016 *****
Catch of the Week
- I am going to extend the Dive into Reading Program until April: 25. On this date I will collect all of the students forms and order medals. Thank you for your support of this program.
- When the air-conditioning is on in our building our classroom can be quite cool. If your Whale has a concerned, please have them bring a sweater/jacket that they can keep in their locker.
- Students will receive a cursive handwriting packet for the week. Please have your child complete a page each night and return their pages on Friday. If they would like to return them ahead of time, this is fine as well.
- Please be sure your Whale wears or bring tennis shoes each Friday and Monday.
Ocean of Events
- April 8: Early Dismissal: 12:50
- April 11-15: Jacksonville’s Teacher & Staff Appreciation Week
- April 13: Final Day for Box Tops Homeroom Contest
- April 25: PARCC Testing Begins for Grades, 3, 4, and 5
- April 28: Blood Drive: 9 AM to 6:30 PM
- May 13: PTA Spring Carnival and Silent Auction
Be sure to check the Jacksonville/PTA Newsletter for more information
It's a Whale of a Word
Our word of the week is:
Definition: fair play, respect for opponents, and polite behavior by someone who is competing in a sport or other competition
Sentence: He's a great player who's also admired for his sportsmanship
**If your Whale brings the word of the week into class written on a piece of paper and tells me a time when they showed great sportsmanship, they will receive a treat.
Sea Star of the Week: Ashton
Here are a few of his favorites:
Places to go: Ocean City and the Inner Harbor
Books: The Polar Express, Henry and Mudge and The World of Eric Carle
Movie: Star Wars and The Peanuts Movie
Things I Like to Do in the Community: Go to Five Below and Play on the Playground
Foods: Pizza, Salad, Popsicles and Spaghetti and Meatballs
Like to Do at School: Play With my Friends
Favorite Subjects: Gym
Gym: Monday and Friday
If your child wears any type of boots to school, please be sure they bring tennis shoes on gym days.
Library Books are Due Each Wednesday
Let's see if we can get 100% of our class to return their books on Wednesday. We can do it.
Dive Into Reading Program
Please continue to record minutes until the April 25.