North Faculty Spotlight
Weekly Informational Update: 9/16/16
Student Dedicated Every Day, Student Driven in Every Way
- If you have any ELL students in your classroom there are some helpful tips on the NAS. These resources may also be helpful if you service any of our special education students.
East (scroll to the very bottom)
ELL Students: Using Read Alouds
- The Adopt-a-Class campaign is up and running. Please click the link to register below - https://goo.gl/forms/mKoNJ097V8K2osDf1
- Tutoring hours for pay has begun. Please make sure you are logging your hours the day you tutor. You will find the Google form on the district webpage under "staff" and "tutoring". Please review the tutoring guidelines using the link https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NgVN3ex52jzLCpcx7G0DDR44tZtILHElymUzMEGMTec/edit
- Please read your email from Shanelle regarding the STAR Summit. We hope some of you will consider presenting. You all have great things to share with others.
- The White River Coop Grant runs through November 1st. We hope you will consider applying. If you apply, let us review your application before you submit.
Casey Owens will be doing a website training at North. Here is the information if you are interested in signing up on My Learning Plan. District Catalog | 10/6/2016-10/6/2016 | Updating Your Website (North Teachers) (4:15-5:15) | 1 hrs
Make sure your teams are meeting every week for team meetings. We have your schedule, so if your team has any questions that you need answered during that time please don't hesitate to ask Mrs. Hood or Mrs. Kelly to come down.
If you haven't already, we encourage you to join N.E.T.O. It's a great opportunity to help support the needs of our staff and encourage one another.
Please send your pledge leaders to the office by 8:35am
- Mrs. Hood and Mrs. Kelly will continue round one tenured observations next week. If we don't get in touch with you about a follow-up please send us a day and time that works for you.
Tuesday: Picture Day
3rd Grade Math PD
Mrs. Kelly will be out of the building
Wednesday: New teacher meeting on the stage @ 7:45.
Thursday: 1st Grade Health Department @ 10:00am
Ruby Payne Poverty Conference @ C of O
Mrs. Hood, Mrs. Kelly, and Mrs. Martin will be out of the building. Ms. Ramsey will be subbing in the office if you need her.
Friday: 4th Grade Math PD
PLC in your teams