Summit Virtual Academy
Weekly Update - Week of February 06, 2023
Brrrrrrr! It's Cold Out There!!
At the close of this week we are technically over half way to summer! During this frigid week, it's nice to think of the warmer weather and sunshine that summer brings. While we are early in the semester, please be sure to work to stay caught up in your classes from the beginning. Keep an eye to your pacing guide, and remember that it is the overall course grade that gets entered into MiStar. I hope you are all off to a strong start.
This week is Snowcoming Weekend for secondary students. Remember, Summit students are able and encouraged to participate in the same activities as in person students. There is a dance tomorrow. I hope to see you there! Be sure to read below for information regarding Edmentum resources, upcoming events, and scheduling information. As always, contact the office for any support or assistance or with any questions or concerns.
Upcoming Scheduling for the 2023/2024 School Year
- February 7 - Scheduling presentations by BHS counselors to students in the PAC (current 9th grade at 8:20am, 10th grade at 9:30am, 11th grade at 12:10pm)
- February 8 - scheduling presentations by BHS counselors to incoming 9th graders at BMS media center
- February 15, afternoon - Incoming 9th graders come to BHS in the afternoon for a BHS Link crew led tour of the building, programs, etc.
- February 16 at 7pm - In the BHS performing arts center, BHS administration and counseling presentation on high school curriculum and programming to the parents of incoming 9th graders
- Week of February 20 - scheduling requests begin for all students
OSTC Options for 2023
Summit Virtual Academy Application for the 2023-2024 School Year
Upcoming Dates and Events:
- February 8 - BHS counselors present scheduling information at BMS for 8th graders
- February 15, All Day - Link Crew Orientation for incoming freshmen at BHS
- February 16, 7:00pm - Parent Meeting for incoming freshman regarding scheduling
- Monday, February 20 - Tuesday, February 21 _ Mid Winter Break
- Wednesday, March 01 - 2023-2024 Summit Virtual Academy applications available to complete
Food Pantry For Those in Need
Brandon School District School Closing Guidelines
Reminder of Expectations
- Expect your student to work for roughly 45-60 minutes per day, per course
- By now, you should have been reached out to by a counselor regarding your course progress. These will happen once a week. It is extremely important that you respond to communication. Please note that the student needs to respond and be in communication, not just the parent(s).
- Your main point of contact for content specific questions is your course instructor. If you need help doing so, don't hesitate to reach out to us at 248-627-1820.
Link for elementary overview: https://e.edmentum.com/eoa-getting-started-students-parents-caregivers/
Instructional Model overview for online learning (last page has links embedded to parent orientation presentations):