Asbury Park YPD Annual Day
February 23, 2013
"The New You"
Saturday, Feb. 23rd 2013 at 11am
109 Prospect Avenue
Atlantic Hghlnds, NJ
- Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator. Here there is no Gentile or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all.
- Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
- Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
- Guest Preacher: The Rev. Dr Lanel M. Guyton, Pastor of St. Matthews AME Church, East Orange
- Honoree for the event past Area Director: Anita Thompson
- Asbury Area YPD Director: Theresa Hill
- Asbury Area YPD President: Royl Taylor